Phantom 4 CRASH PLEASE HELP!!!

Anyone Know if you can ATTI out of a TFR or NFZ? In case you wonder into a "Pop-up" NFZ

Interesting theory. I doubt it would allow you to regain control because I'm sure the A/C is still reading and logging GPS coordinates even if you aren't using them for control. Pretty sure I've seen GPS coordinates listed on log files for ATTI flights.

There has been a lot of talk about TFR's in this thread but in the OP's log file the very first line says the Warning Zone is from an "Unpaved Airport". I live within 3 miles of a grass field that is only used for crop dusting. There may be something similar in his area that may not even exist anymore but is still in someones database.

Good luck with your claim!

I am curious, wonder what info the app/drone communicates over the web every time you connect - I will take my drone to work at the weekend and get the firewall to log the addresses and packets to/from my iPad as I start the app and have a fly. I don't want to enter the above storm over TFRs, but I dont often update my bird on the basis that if it aint broken dont fix it, so in my case I wouldn't get any TFRs unless it is done when the app connects to DJI servers (or someone important visiting requests a TFR many months in advance). The data will probably be encrypted but may give a clue with the locations accessed - eg might connect to something like 'dji.com/tfr-updates.

I am curious, wonder what info the app/drone communicates over the web every time you connect - I will take my drone to work at the weekend and get the firewall to log the addresses and packets to/from my iPad as I start the app and have a fly. I don't want to enter the above storm over TFRs, but I dont often update my bird on the basis that if it aint broken dont fix it, so in my case I wouldn't get any TFRs unless it is done when the app connects to DJI servers (or someone important visiting requests a TFR many months in advance). The data will probably be encrypted but may give a clue with the locations accessed - eg might connect to something like 'dji.com/tfr-updates.
I found this thread interesting Blocking the GO app

Should I ship it in the original DJI styrofoam case? Is there any better way? Just looking to keep it safe during travel

Thanks

Should I ship it in the original DJI styrofoam case? Is there any better way? Just looking to keep it safe during travel

Thanks
I think I would, it's actually the only reason I've kept my case and if I sell it. That's assuming they send it or a replacement back in the case which I'd try to confirm.

if they haven't already I would be suprised if DJI don't give you shipping instructions. In my experience the original packaging is their preference. Logical as it provided for the safe conveyance of the AC from the factory to your hands, should prove suitable.

This is the crappy explanation I got from DJI. How can I fight it?? It's like 369$. It doesn't tell me anything.

FLY033 1. Unit triggered auto landing due to airport limit (NFZ) at t=361.3s, relative height= 117.1m at location 41.7916906 -88.0248892. Unit landed on trees. 2. Location was within heliport limit with multiple major airport nearby. 3. However, system allow user to takeoff and flew for a few minutes in the same area. Conclusion: NFZ triggered auto landing and unit crashed. Non warranty.

Hope this thread isn't dead

So they are saying the NFZ is that hospital north of where you were?

Honestly not sure what they are saying. "There are major airports nearby" that makes no sense. Almost everywhere would be a NFZ. Also heliports don't count as a NFZ.

How can I refute the ruling? Should I call them?

@pete923

I would recommend calling them and ask for a tech supervisor, explain your case. Even he/she still finds you were in error, you can see if they will discount the repairs. It might cost less if you repaired it yourself, but you will void your warranty by doing so. I know this is a bad situation and perhaps an expensive lesson to learn. In the future, I encourage you to note all warning messages and bring your phantom in immediately. Nothing is worth the risk of crashing the drone.

The question I have for DJI would be why the obstacle avoidance system turns off during a NFZ auto-land. The fact that they have programmed the drone to auto land instead of RTH is bad enough, to begin with. Then to disable obstacle avoidance too, is like saying "this mistake is going to cost you."

Regrets mate. Hope it ends well for you.

@pete923

I would recommend calling them and ask for a tech supervisor, explain your case. Even he/she still finds you were in error, you can see if they will discount the repairs. It might cost less if you repaired it yourself, but you will void your warranty by doing so. I know this is a bad situation and perhaps an expensive lesson to learn. In the future, I encourage you to note all warning messages and bring your phantom in immediately. Nothing is worth the risk of crashing the drone.

The question I have for DJI would be why the obstacle avoidance system turns off during a NFZ auto-land. The fact that they have programmed the drone to auto land instead of RTH is bad enough, to begin with. Then to disable obstacle avoidance too, is like saying "this mistake is going to cost you."

Regrets mate. Hope it ends well for you.

I know it's so frustrating. Just hope there will be a future for me.

I'd try to escalate it, and tell them that you have looked on the DJI GEO map and there is no NFZ where you are, not even so much as a warning zone.

I'd try to escalate it, and tell them that you have looked on the DJI GEO map and there is no NFZ where you are, not even so much as a warning zone.
I can't see any NFZ on any of the where to fly maps. They at least have to tell him exactly which NFZ he was in.

What might be the situation where a warning light illuminated on the instrument cluster in a vehicle and the engine cut out and then after coasting to the side of the road, and checking the owners manual that said it wasn't safe to proceed, you persisted trying and managed to get it started and after a short time the engine failed requiring major repairs. Would you expect the dealership might, after pulling fault codes and history from the engine management computer, argue that you contributed to the loss by ignoring the warning?

I don't know the answer. I do see a similarity in this case though. No fly zone or not GO app reported a NFZ at first attempt to fly. Seemingly your determination with a power cycle and a little fiddling managed to get you flying. You then allowed the AC to proceed with a RTH which it is now very clear put the AC in what was reported (rightly or wrongly) as a NFZ causing an autoland.

DJI probably won't come too far in your direction without a lot of pressure. Your best hope is to google for similar user experiences and outcomes as a starting point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl