Phantom 3 to Mavic conversion - unboxing and pics

It was stated it would be 299 CNY which is about $43. This first shipment comes with tools, the later ones will not. I think $79 is their target price. Honestly, it's engineered really well and the plastic is a perfect fit and super durable, it's not 3d printed but clearly from a nice mold. I think it's worth the 99 I paid, I think $79 no tools would be just fine. It's unique so there's a cost with that .. nothing like it on the market for p3

Reactions: Numone
Ordered the kit 3 days ago. Cannot wait to receive it. I have a P3p which I crashed but still working, the top shell and landing gear are destroyed So am exited to do the mod.

Reactions: donk
This mod looks sweet
Im not sure Beau, honestly i'd be a tad worried about too much weight since the shell is heavier than stock and we dont know what the plastic arms will do. That said, its good quality material, doesnt look like its gonna break or anything. Theres places for it for sure, not sure i will though.
I might try it soon, I think someone said on here that you'd loose around a couple of minutes? Not sure how many people with this kit would be trying it out.

Reactions: donk and Digdat0
As you fly forwards wouldn't the blades be closer to the camera? I wouldn't want blades in my footage every time I move forwards.

As you fly forwards wouldn't the blades be closer to the camera? I wouldn't want blades in my footage every time I move forwards.
I been reading about the kit and it says the you dont get any propeller or light on your video recording.
I was considering on doing it too really serious.
But i just bought a p3p 4k. And sending my p3a to get fix and sell it.
Maybe on a future or just sell both and the original mavic.
Good luck to all. Ill stay watching.

I been reading about the kit and it says the you dont get any propeller or light on your video recording.
I was considering on doing it too really serious.
But i just bought a p3p 4k. And sending my p3a to get fix and sell it.
Maybe on a future or just sell both and the original mavic.
Good luck to all. Ill stay watching.
Yeah I've since found out myself, seriously considering it now. I hate it when the blades are in my shots, I know reducing throttle can prevent this but sometimes the winds coming your direction so the drone has to push even harder just to move forwards a little. If I had the money I'd get a mavic tomorrow the portability's just insane.

Reactions: donk and R1deejay
Good question
It's very early days yet and if the kit sales take off well then I'm sure/I hope the question of making spares available will be looked at by the sellers.

Meanwhile, if you've done the conversion, just try not to crash!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1497223998283.jpg
    FB_IMG_1497223998283.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 899
  • FB_IMG_1497223902524.jpg
    FB_IMG_1497223902524.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,333
[QUOTE="James McLennon, post: 1201055, member: 60904"everything just lk]How are you finding the conversion? Pros and cons?[/QUOTE]
everything just like P3

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl