Phantom 3 to Mavic conversion - unboxing and pics

Well who ever is willing to do the work for $$& let me know. I would like to convert but after seeing the vid ouch.
If its not too bad and i feel i can do it for others and provide a quality service, I'd hve no issues doing it! I'll keep y'all posted :)

Some more pics, some weight pics of the stock shell and the new shell. The stock one is about 239g with no battery tray, the new one is 385 without any metal/hinges.

AoYojFd.jpg

IZsmS4n.jpg

uvhJ6lO.jpg

jEYP9Kt.jpg

SZ3ojt9.jpg

G9OYHrd.jpg

pYSZpTa.jpg

pFLFg59.jpg

Didn't notice in the vid or see it in a post so if it's in there, forgive me... but do the arms fold Mavic style? Or is this an "appearance only" thing?

Are you doing this with instructions or a video ??
Hope your not just winging it...
Looking good so far
thanks man! i watched a video in chinese, I'm super american and only speak English (they say an English version is coming) :) I watched it, wrote down the major steps and am pretty much winging it based on that. I'm recording it so i can make a how to for others though. edit heres the vid:

Didn't notice in the vid or see it in a post so if it's in there, forgive me... but do the arms fold Mavic style? Or is this an "appearance only" thing?

yeah the arms fold like the mavic. Well, pretty much both arms swing in, on the mavic one set of arms swing in,t he other go down and around. This doesnt do the down/arond motion.

Last edited:
Some more pics, some weight pics of the stock shell and the new shell. The stock one is about 239g with no battery tray, the new one is 385 without any metal/hinges.

AoYojFd.jpg

IZsmS4n.jpg

uvhJ6lO.jpg

jEYP9Kt.jpg

SZ3ojt9.jpg

G9OYHrd.jpg

pYSZpTa.jpg

pFLFg59.jpg
**** that is going to be heavy!

Reactions: donk
What is the small lipo on the USB board for?
Also, something he did not do in the video, be sure to put some silicone on the motor wires where they are soldered to the board. This is to help prevent the connections from breaking from vibrations. I have seen this happen.

Last edited:
thanks man! i watched a video in chinese, I'm super american and only speak English (they say an English version is coming) :) I watched it, wrote down the major steps and am pretty much winging it based on that. I'm recording it so i can make a how to for others though. edit heres the vid:

yeah the arms fold like the mavic. Well, pretty much both arms swing in, on the mavic one set of arms swing in,t he other go down and around. This doesnt do the down/arond motion.
Cool mod. I always like this kind of challenge!:)

Are you doing this with instructions or a video ??
Hope your not just winging it...
Looking good so far
What is the small lipo on the USB board for?
Also, something he did not do in the video, be sure to put some silicone on the motor wires where they are soldered to the board. This is to help prevent the connections from breaking from vibrations. I have seen this happen.
no idea what that battery and USB board were .. looks like maybe a trackimo or something.

Compass goes in middle of the plastic piece used for landing gear

Reactions: donk
I hope you will will let us know the reduced flight time with the mod.

146 grams is quite a hefty increase in weight. Almost half the weight of a stock battery which is 180 grams.

I hope you will will let us know the reduced flight time with the mod.

146 grams is quite a hefty increase in weight. Almost half the weight of a stock battery which is 180 grams.
Your math is off a little there. [emoji39]

Reactions: Oso
Now is the dual battery mod still possible with this? I got the converted DJI battery here , I'm gunna have to watch the teardown video, but this conversion is one sick kit!

Modified P3 Smart Battery - Midwest Horizon FPV Antennas
Im not sure Beau, honestly i'd be a tad worried about too much weight since the shell is heavier than stock and we dont know what the plastic arms will do. That said, its good quality material, doesnt look like its gonna break or anything. Theres places for it for sure, not sure i will though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl