Phantom 3 to Mavic conversion - unboxing and pics

I calibrated my IMU but i was not ask or nagged to by my Quad, again i did it as a precaution.

Overall the hardest part was connecting the cable to the camera, six hands would be nice. lol
I only need 3 if I have.
The method I use.
Camara attached to the top shell with the vps cable, camara cable and the sd card extension card connect.
Leave the compass to the last, laying the top shell onto the main body shell slowly, inserting the vps cable go though the hole, carefully insert the camra into the square hole, grabs it and upside down, insert the vps plug, after that put the compass cable though to the same hole,stick it in as much as u can, put it down upside down again and slightly open up a bit, connect the camara plug and compass into the main board,put the sd card extension into thr slot, lastly is the gps plug. finally check is their any cable out of place..... done, good to go.

Reactions: deltamike
I order the mod from Snapgiz to transform a Phantom 3P to a Mavic look. They are fantastic they provide everything you need to do it. So I did following several tutorials from You Tube.
The reason I did it ....I crash my P3P, landing gear destroyed, upper shell badly damaged but after repairing the gimbal (With the Gimbal Kit from eBay) everything was working. Here I am now with a P3P/Mavic.
I was very tense when I powered the machine but so far the good, I have done a test flight and my impressions are: better stability, very responsive, will test the range soon because I have some reserve regarding the position of the antennas (Horizontal in the arms).
In general very happy with the mod and I am probably the first one to use this mod in Australia.
(excuse my English, I am French origine)

Sounds great, thinking about doing similar, do keep us posted on your progress and observations tks

Yes, it's very cool!
This is mine:

19400210.jpg

Done a range test with antennas at 45 degrees, was a limited by space but reach over 700m without losing contact. That's good for me. Maybe will add windsurfers

Hello,
can you take a picture of the edge of the arm.
For some reason I have cracks.
Not yet assembled, still in the box.
I will try to take a better pictures.
25162c582af2090660eb7e4b2c721976.jpg

Sorry for that but for me everything was alright. I had several flight since I did the mod but no cracks.
Contact them and they will send you replacement, they are very good

Can someone translate this chinese/english for me? This is my 3d mod and I can't get the leds to light up. I'm thinking these two photos relate too that but I don't understand what it means.
Screenshot (216).png
Screenshot (217).png
Screenshot (217).png
Screenshot (216).png
Screenshot (217).png
Screenshot (217).png

the photos are saying that the power for CW and CWW will be different. LED lines should all be the same. Did you solder to the tiny LED boards already?

Hi Digdat0,
You must solder the LED lines as follow:
V+ = RED, G = BLACK, R = YELLOW.
The V+, G, R are print on the board of the LED.

Initially I made a mess with two, so I contacted them and they send me five of them free of charge. (I paid $5 for postage).
I solder the new and everything OK.

My mod works like a charm.

Good luck

This is absolutely amazing. We need to get all this information together in one place to create a complete instruction guide. I like my Mavic so much I'm considering this mod for my P3P.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl