phantom 3 std link button HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Hi!
I recently bought a dji phantom 3 std and after using it sometimes the linking button fell off and now i cannot link the aircraft with his rc. i would like to know if someone knows how to install it. it has 4 contacts in the mainboard but i think theres only 2 which i need to connect.
Thanks for your help!!
Mauro

Got a photo of what you're trying to connect?

Reactions: Neon Euc

Attachments

• 20160829_163228.jpg
    20160829_163228.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,462
  • 20160829_163235.jpg
    20160829_163235.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,281
Got a photo of what you're trying to connect?
im new on this blog and i dont know if you recive the notification if i dont put reply to your coment! Anyway now i have pressed it.
Thanks for your help!!

Yes -- a reply is sent to me even if you do not quote my post.

I was not able to find a close-up photo of the underside of the center board. From the photos on DJI's website, it appears it's connected at all four points.
large_HK8A0119.jpg

large_HK8A0120.jpg

I think you are right!! Thank you very much for your help and rapid answer!
Another question, what would be the reason that makes me link the remote control to the aircraft every time i turn it on to use it?

what would be the reason that makes me link the remote control to the aircraft every time i turn it on to use it?
I'm not sure. I've never heard of such an issue. If nobody chimes in, then try contacting DJI support for help.

Ok. Thank you very much for your help!! i will buy an oem button and install it.
Thank you very much!
ill let you know how it went.

hi! i installed the button as you told me and everything went well!!
Thank you a lot for your help!
Hope nobody have the same issue as me!

Good! I'm happy to hear it worked out for you :)

I just discovered i have the same issue!! how did you fix it and what button did you buy to fix this ? or did you just buy a new circuit board! anyone know what part i would need to buy or what points i would need to connect in order to force the 2 seconds to make it link ?

I just discovered i have the same issue!! how did you fix it and what button did you buy to fix this ? or did you just buy a new circuit board! anyone know what part i would need to buy or what points i would need to connect in order to force the 2 seconds to make it link ?
HI! I bought an oem button like those that come in Chinese toys that matched the size and I welded it in place using tin. All four contacts have to be welded in order to work. I'll leave a picture to show the button that I bought. Another option is to buy the mainbord that is around 140 dollars I think...

Attachments

• 20161125_230636.jpg
    20161125_230636.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,017
hi! i installed the button as you told me and everything went well!!
Thank you a lot for your help!
Hope nobody have the same issue as me!
Hi I have just bought a p3s to find the link button broken , what tools did you use to re weld the new button on as I am worried about using a solder iron due to the heat affecting the rest of the board ?

Hi I have just bought a p3s to find the link button broken , what tools did you use to re weld the new button on as I am worried about using a solder iron due to the heat affecting the rest of the board ?

I recently successfully repaired my p3s lost link button. I used flux paste on the pads of both the board and new switch. A quick dab with my soldering iron at 750 degrees and rosin core solder and I was back in the game :) The heat won't effect the board.

Reactions: rdalessio
Hi!
I recently bought a dji phantom 3 std and after using it sometimes the linking button fell off and now i cannot link the aircraft with his rc. i would like to know if someone knows how to install it. it has 4 contacts in the mainboard but i think theres only 2 which i need to connect.
Thanks for your help!!
Mauro
Mauro, you wouldn't by any chance know of a video on youtube that would show how to fix this would you? - Just discovered last night that my button is broken.

Sorry but there isnt a video showing what to do. There is no information of this problem either! That's why I posted on this blog. You have to weld all 4 contacts and hope that works!! Let me know if there is something else I can do!
P.S. (for someone who had the problem fixed) do you have to link the remote and aircraft everytime you turn off the aircraft?
Thanks mauro

I had the same problem, after a hard landing, the top and bottom covers popped apart. Since this link button is close to the side, it broke the push switch inside. I ordered what looks to me to be a very close replacement. It was 10 for 6.00. Now I have 9 left. haha. but worth it to have it original and fit the same.

10 Pcs CESS? Tact Push Button Micro Mini Switch Momentary 3.2x4.2x2.5mm SMT SMD | eBay

So, I'm guessing the switch you ordered off eBay worked? Any instructional videos on how to remove the broken button and solder the new one? doesn't have to be DJI related - Just a good instructional video on how to properly solder something on to an electronic mother board. I'm PETRIFIED that I'm going to screw up my board and have to buy a new one.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 691
Sorry but there isnt a video showing what to do. There is no information of this problem either! That's why I posted on this blog. You have to weld all 4 contacts and hope that works!! Let me know if there is something else I can do!
P.S. (for someone who had the problem fixed) do you have to link the remote and aircraft everytime you turn off the aircraft?
Thanks mauro
Mauro - All is well now with your button? If so, can I asked what replacement button you purchased and where? - There aren't any Radio Shacks by me any more, so I have to order everything off line.

Just want to also let you know that I ordered the switch and soldered it to the MB (what a pain in the...) and the drone works! Other than replacing the props that was likely the only other repair I needed to make. Thanks again, I am now the proud owner of a DJI Phantom 3 Standard.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31