Phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Hi there,i have flown my phantom 3 once.Can not get it going again. Do I need to calibrate compass every time I need to fly.Cannot get imu calibrated either.Advice please.

Hi there,i have flown my phantom 3 once.Can not get it going again. Do I need to calibrate compass every time I need to fly.Cannot get imu calibrated either.Advice please.
Hi, I am no expert but I can answer one question , You do not need to calibrate compass before every flight. Once you have successfully calibrated compass there is no need. Good luck.

@gordieshep,
Welcome to the Forum!

"Can not get it going again."
We need some details...
#1 Can you start the motors?
#2 Any error messages from the app?
#3 How long has in been since you flew it?

Rod

I have to agree : You have a problem and we don't know the situation of the drone.... The RC unit... The Tablet/phone... The Aircraft..The Airborne battery ? we need some more answers like Rod Pad asked !

There's quite a few Very important things to get going / started and the others fall in line after that.

@gordieshep,
Welcome to the Forum!

"Can not get it going again."
We need some details...
#1 Can you start the motors?
#2 Any error messages from the app?
#3 How long has in been since you flew it?

Rod
It’s been about 2months since I flew it. Haven’t been able to get it flying after first flight. Tried a few times and gave up. Keeps saying imu error. On app it’s says calibrate compass but I’ve done that. Maybe reset it and start again. Would that help. Thanks.

I’m new to drones and recently got a p3 standard , I’ve been told that to do an imu calibration , first make sure you get drone as cold as you can , once started there is a heater inside that heats while it’s calibrating , also you must be on a flat level table when doing this , then after you have done it you should calibrate the compass , I’m sure somebody who has already done this will add more
Good luck rob

@macaulayjuan,
Why did you delete your posts?
I didn't have time to give you a like. :confused: I'm supposed to be working. o_O

I was ready to share this one with you. :)

"Digging For The Answers" ;)
Weird noise and compass error

Let the OP topic continue......

Rod

@Rob1468,
Did you check out those threads?
There isn't a heater ;)
I guess its like the IMU needs to get to the same temperature as it was when it was last calibrated. It definitely makes a difference if it was calibrated in the summer and now it is winter.

@gordieshep,
But are you getting anywhere? :eek:

Rod

@Rob1468,
Did you check out those threads?
There isn't a heater ;)
I guess its like the IMU needs to get to the same temperature as it was when it was last calibrated. It definitely makes a difference if it was calibrated in the summer and now it is winter.

@gordieshep,
But are you getting anywhere? :eek:

Rod
Thanks for that,going to try again this weekend. Weather no been good the last week

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks for that,going to try again this weekend. Weather no been good the last week
Thank for your help. I managed to get flying today. Kept drone out in shed all night. The same temp as outside. Every went ok with imu and calibration. Thank goodness. Was worried I wouldn’t fly again. Just got to master the flying bits now ?

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik