Weird noise and compass error

Reaction score
After a small crash my p3s start making some weird noise and is not letting me calibrate the compass

Welcome to the forum!

Did you have to repair anything?

Is the noise a popping noise that I heard twice through the clip, like 3 pops in a row?

I think the problem are those bright tennis shoes, they are loud. :)

Rod

Reactions: rmcarlos
Welcome to the forum!

Did you have to repair anything?

Is the noise a popping noise that I heard twice through the clip, like 3 pops in a row?

I think the problem are those bright tennis shoes, they are loud. :)

Rod
thanks rob i din't repair nothing on this drone and my son crash the drone and all this noise start.

thanks rob i din't repair nothing on this drone and my son crash the drone and all this noise start.
We need more input from you, others will then help out. ;)
Question #2 was,

Rod

We need more input from you, others will then help out. ;)
Question #2 was,

Rod
No the noise that I'm talking about is the one from when I move the camera to the back, i try changing my shoes but same problem again :D

On the video, when you are facing the back of the camera when you see the battery that noise seem normal, I guess the popping noise or the first one is the you powering on the battery.

Does everything work, record video, pictures, you get telemetry (battery levels, etc).

Does it tell you that it needs a compass calibration?

Rod

On the video, when you are facing the back of the camera when you see the battery that noise seem normal, I guess the popping noise or the first one is the you powering on the battery.

Does everything work, record video, pictures, you get telemetry (battery levels, etc).

Does it tell you that it needs a compass calibration?

Rod
Yes it does ask for a compass calibration, but when we do it it gives us an error "High magnetic interference"

Sorry these were supposed to be a questions.

"On the video, when you are facing the back of the camera when you see the battery that noise seem normal, I guess the popping noise or the first one is the you powering on the battery."

"Does everything work, record video, pictures, you get telemetry (battery levels, etc)."

I need these answered. ;)

Rod

Sorry these were supposed to be a questions.

"On the video, when you are facing the back of the camera when you see the battery that noise seem normal, I guess the popping noise or the first one is the you powering on the battery."

"Does everything work, record video, pictures, you get telemetry (battery levels, etc)."

I need these answered. ;)

Rod
Yes everything works except the compass get the same error every time i try to calibrate.

Yes everything works except the compass get the same error every time i try to calibrate.
This is still a unanswered question.

Rod

This is still a unanswered question.

Rod
The two popping noises were when I was turning it on

Reactions: RodPad
OK!

Find your IMU calibration screen in the app.

Look at your compass numbers, if they are all zero, then you have a compass problem.

Here is some links:
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer
Looking for Trouble ??
IMU CALIBRATION AND WARMING UP

Don't bother with IMU calabration, untill you read all of these threads.

Any post that @Meta4 makes, you can trust it.... ;)

I got's to go

Oh, look at @msingers 's sight for more info: DJI Phantom 3 Standard Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod
I get all this info you send me and yes my compás is the problem I order a new one and I will try to install this part soon I let you know if this work or not thanks a lot for your help.

If you have all zero's on the compass, you may need to look at it and the connection to the main board. ;)

Rod

Reactions: rmcarlos
thanks Rob you are great, i open my drone and the conection on my compass is lose so i just plug in the normal position the drone is flying again.

thanks for the help my friend.

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4