Phantom 3 standard red yellow green flashing and not binding to the radio problem

Reaction score
Hello
I have had this problem for a long time with my phantom 3 standard, first It doesn´t link or bind to my radio, I tried both methods through the DJI app and through the radio and left top switch but it didn´t work, also I did exactly what the dji videos on youtube showed but no luck. the lights on the phanton are flashing red yellow green and is doing two beeps like beep.. beep......beep..beep......beep..beep.... and according to manual it is self diagnostic but I have left the phantom on for 30 minutes and still the same. I also bought a second mother board thinking that was the problem but no luck and I am able to conect my phone to the radio via wifi.
the other problem is that it won´t update with a formatted sd card, it blinks red and green in the gimbal but after 5 to 10 minutes it fails with the constant beeping and red solid light. Itried different sd cards and nothing, always fails

just to let you know I already tested the radio with another phantom 3 standard and it worked perfect but not with my phantom
thank you if someone can help me with this issue, I have read tons of threads posted but no solution please help with this I have started to feel really frustrared with this thing

Last edited:
This thread is a little older, but feel it has some insight, just to be sure something basic wasn't overlooked.

Your Flight Controller is unhappy, and doesn't progress beyond Diagnostics phase of boot.

Connect to front USB. Capture packets which the FC sends through there. These packets will contain info about what fails. Likely even in text form.

EDIT:
ok, since the next question is obvious, here's the answer:
O-Gs dji-firmware-tools: comm_serial2pcap.py

And if you want to just check if there's simple text message - just connect to the serial port via PuTTY and look at text lines inbetween binary garbage.

Last edited:
Reactions: joserctrex
can you get live video feed from DJi go app??? can you arm the motors???
No I can't get video from the app but the radio is connected with my phone and it didn't want to link with my radio I have a red led light in the radio and tried both methods with no luck

Your Flight Controller is unhappy, and doesn't progress beyond Diagnostics phase of boot.

Connect to front USB. Capture packets which the FC sends through there. These packets will contain info about what fails. Likely even in text form.

EDIT:
ok, since the next question is obvious, here's the answer:
O-Gs dji-firmware-tools: comm_serial2pcap.py

And if you want to just check if there's simple text message - just connect to the serial port via PuTTY and look at text lines inbetween binary garbage.
thanks for your help and reply but I really didn't understand the page you sent me since I am not programming engineering inclined, can you explain me in more details? thanks again

Last edited:
I really didn't understand the page you sent me since I am not programming engineering inclined

If you're stuck already, maybe it's better for you not to follow that path.

Replace the whole ESC Center Board.

And if you are still curious about it, try searching "Spark calibration" on YT - I've seen a video which explains how to use the service_tool, and serial2pcap is used in a very similar way and requires same setup.

If you're stuck already, maybe it's better for you not to follow that path.

Replace the whole ESC Center Board.

And if you are still curious about it, try searching "Spark calibration" on YT - I've seen a video which explains how to use the service_tool, and serial2pcap is used in a very similar way and requires same setup.
I arleady replaced the center board and still the same and I tested my radio with another phantom 3 standard and worked perfect

I arleady replaced the center board and still the same and I tested my radio with another phantom 3 standard and worked perfect

Ok, so the drone consists of:
ESC Center Board (with radio and FC soldered on)
Motors
Gimbal with camera
Battery
RC

Now:
Gimbal + camera can be removed from the drone and it will still start motors. So not the issue.
ESC Center Board was replaced - not the issue.
RC was checked - not the issue.
Motors - In Pro/Advanced, you can completely remove them and the board will still boot. Not sure if it's the same with std, but I'd say motors are unlikely, unless there's a complete short on one of them.

So.. what is left?

Ok, so the drone consists of:
ESC Center Board (with radio and FC soldered on)
Motors
Gimbal with camera
Battery
RC

Now:
Gimbal + camera can be removed from the drone and it will still start motors. So not the issue.
ESC Center Board was replaced - not the issue.
RC was checked - not the issue.
Motors - In Pro/Advanced, you can completely remove them and the board will still boot. Not sure if it's the same with std, but I'd say motors are unlikely, unless there's a complete short on one of them.

So.. what is left?
the IMU I had to transfer from the old board to the "new one"

Then it might be IMU as well.
but the weird thing is that I am not able to link the radio to the drone, does the IMU affect the link procedure of the radio to the drone? that's the reason that I want to see the data to find what module is causing not exit from self diagnostic and is stuck at red yellow green light flashing, but really did not understand you about how to get the data or if you can refer me to a link that explain the procedure would be great. thanks

but the weird thing is that I am not able to link the radio to the drone, does the IMU affect the link procedure of the radio to the drone?
Don't know that much about Standard. In pro/adv, OFDM can work on its own.

that's the reason that I want to see the data to find what module is causing not exit from self diagnostic and is stuck at red yellow green light flashing,

Makes sense.

but really did not understand you about how to get the data or if you can refer me to a link that explain the procedure would be great

I hope I won't regret that..

These are all Python tools, you need to install Python interpreter to run them. Also, Python has additional modules (kind of plugins) available. You need a module for serial port support. You can use 'pip' to install new modules.

Here's the video I talked about earlier:

The video shows downloading pyserial by hand; that should work as well, but normally you can use pip to install it with one command.

@joserctrex,

I have been looking for some stuff that I remember about linking the RC and P3S.

Basically you need the gimbal to make the link and the gimbal doesn't have to be attached after that. You would be able to fly-it. If there is something wrong with your gimbal, then it won't link.

Fly P3S without Gimbal/Camera and without legs (or with retractable Legs)

Newbie first crash

I'm still looking for a couple of others I was involved in but still haven't found them. If I find the one I'm looking for it may help, well it will help me. :rolleyes:

P3S block diagram.

Rod

Reactions: joserctrex

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20