Getting P3S up and running - Signal lost???

Reaction score
Hi all,

We received a Phantom 3 Standard as a gift and have had great difficulty getting it up and running. The first model had issues with anything connecting with anything, and we ended up getting a replacement from the store.

We have just been trying to set up the replacement Phantom 3 Standard. We have gotten much further than our original attempt but no success in getting it off the ground. We have watched all the tutorials provided, youtube videos and read forum posts in an attempt to get it right.

We have managed to get the DJI Go app to work (previously this was an issue). The camera is working and we can take pictures and video.

The app asked us to upgrade the firmware, which we did, to 1.8.10. The upgrade seemed to be successful. It beeped loudly partway through the process but stopped as the firmware upgrade completed.

Now, however, the only status we seem to be able to get is a red Signal Lost. We have never actually had it be green with Safe to Fly. The remote control seems to not be able to talk to the drone.

In searching for answers on this forum there seems to be lots of discussion around the firmware version. I did hold down the top right icon on the app to see if I could roll back the firmware version but it said this wasn't available. Having said that, the prior version seems to be the one with the problems from reading these posts.

Any suggestions on what we could try to get this baby going?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PP

Turn on controller only and open DJI go app ,
Go to about and find what firmware is loaded on your controller.
Prepare a memory card with that firmware bin file with your computer
upload it to your bird by holding the sync button while Turning your bird on
continue to hold sync button for 10 sec. let your phantom do its update and you should be good. [emoji5]

Hi LanaRain,

Thanks for your help! I've got the controller on, and opened the DJI Go app. I went to About, but I don't think I can see all the info you're talking about. All I see is:

App 3.1.1
Version N/A
Flight Controller SN (there's nothing next to this).

Should I see a firmware code next to Flight Controller?

Having just turned on the Remote Control and the App (without the Drone itself), I now get the message Remote Controller Signal Weak - so different to before....???

Sorry for so many small tedious questions, serious newbies here! Thanks again for your help.

PP

I had this same issue after not using my bird for over a year.

I believe you should first update your DJI go app to current v3.1.2

What happened to mine was the controller firmware was mismatch from the bird. Messages In red telling me Signal Loss !!

So the trick is by using the DJI go app for me to determine which firmware is on each device in the about tab like you were.
If I turned on only the controller and the app, then usually I would get the firmware version on the controller alone.
yes sometimes "version unknown "
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1484325392.655045.jpg

Now try and turn on Both the controller and the phantom and check the app.
For me when I did that it listed the firmware of the bird instead and yeah "Version unknown" as well sometimes.
Try and find the controllers or the bird itself firmware version or use graduation hat way too .
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1484325631.948973.jpg

If you can find what firmware ( or guess ) then upload that version to your bird via " prepared memory card method " and try it. [emoji4]

One other thing. While your doing this are you connected to wifi on your app? I keep forgetting some times

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My bad I guess you are. I've also heard if you have the RC and the app close together it could give you a weak signal. I know that doesn't make sense. But it does. Happened to me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1