Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Do you realize that this range mod is actually for video quality, not rc signal quality? Hence, there will be minimum/no change for your quad flying distance but so much better video feed and will not lose fpv before rc signal lost. I say minimum because once the video is strong, you have the courage to fly further.

Yes, I realise this is only for video/telemetry and not RC signal. My point is I'm not seeing any increase in range before my video drops out.

1. You can easily change line 10 to another parameter:
Yes, I realise I can change the script to use "US". I just wondered if there was any particular reason you chose to use "BO"?

Does anyone know the effective differences between the two ("BO" and "US")?

2. Yes, It can be done by modifying watchlog.sh thus rc no need to send telnet commands to drone. The first reason why made two step is the first step to make sure the change in rc not making brick on both devices. The second step is only to enable telnet on drone.
Thanks. I might try using a variant of watchlog.sh on the drone as well as the RC (plus using "US") and report back here with the results.

Does the firmware version on the drone make any difference to this patch? I downgraded to 1.5.70+ (which did increase my range significantly) but I notice it takes longer for the video to be reacquired after it's lost compared to the latest firmware (one of the stated improvements in 1.6.80).

Yes, I realise I can change the script to use "US". I just wondered if there was any particular reason you chose to use "BO"?

Does anyone know the effective differences between the two ("BO" and "US")?

Thanks. I might try using a variant of watchlog.sh on the drone as well as the RC (plus using "US") and report back here with the results.

Does the firmware version on the drone make any difference to this patch? I downgraded to 1.5.70+ (which did increase my range significantly) but I notice it takes longer for the video to be reacquired after it's lost compared to the latest firmware (one of the stated improvements in 1.6.80).

I just know that US didn't use wifi channel 13. So, the script used BO instead of US.
en_wikipedia_org_20160727_154307.jpg

Do you realize that this range mod is actually for video quality, not rc signal quality? Hence, there will be minimum/no change for your quad flying distance but so much better video feed and will not lose fpv before rc signal lost. I say minimum because once the video is strong, you have the courage to fly further.

Yep should had been clearer, that I was talking about video range.

I was more concerned with the data in my log. Is it typical and did my drone really change version as the mod persisted through the change.

Hi PapaTita, regarding the button restore to 17dbm. Is every thing set to stock. (Drone and RC) Will the old files be reset to stock. By means that also telnet will be deactivated in drone and RC again like it came from stock? Thank you!!

In DJIUpdate v3.2 there an option to set everything to stock, telnet disabled.

In DJIUpdate v3.2 there an option to set everything to stock, telnet disabled.

Hi PapaTita,
That sounds great!
Can you let me know the changes that you did for version 3.2 compared to last version?
Thank you!

Hi PapaTita,
That sounds great!
Can you let me know the changes that you did for version 3.2 compared to last version?
Thank you!

There are three main things:

1. Watchlog.sh there an option to run in rc and drone, when previously only in rc
2. A friend using power booster antenna so that the output in rc need to be adjusted (max 20 dbm), while the drone remains 27 dbm.
3. Like your questions, sometimes we want to restore the configuration to the stock, may want to sell it again?, in my case, i want to test app from the initial position.

Hi PapaTita, you are absolutely right. That have also been my thoughts to restore to stock! Great!
Will there be an option where I can choose 20 or 27 dbm?
Will there also be an option to choose the watchlog method?

Reactions: sunkyu
Hi papa I did exactly how you described from your video and downloaded the djiupdate and the code seems to say its still in 17dbm what have I done wrong? I have the P3S and clicked 13channel option. I am also in Australia.

07:39
07:39 ============================================
07:39 Restart your RC & Aircraft and Enjoy New Mod
07:39 ============================================
07:39
07:39 Credit to: Ojcze Nasz, SingLag, Argonaise & www.phantompilots.com
Disconnected.
Disconnecting.
07:38 File upload OKE
07:38 Checking file ...
07:38 Update djiled.sh on Aircraft
07:37 File upload OKE
07:37 Checking file ...
07:37 Update djiled.sh on RC
07:36 Final process ...
07:36 hmod 775 /sbin/watchlog.sh
/ #
07:36 c
07:36 chmod 775 /sbin/watchlog.sh
07:35 Supports VAPs: yes PHY name: phy0

/ #
07:35 winfo
wlan0 ESSID: "PHANTOM3_0b8dc9"
Access Point: 60:60:1F:0B:8D:C9
Mode: Master Channel: 2 (2.417 GHz)
Tx-Power: 17 dBm Link Quality: 70/70
Signal: -20 dBm Noise: -95 dBm
Bit Rate: 75.1 MBit/s
Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Type: nl80211 HW Mode(s): 802.11abgn
Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
TX power offset: unknown
Frequency offset: unknown
Supports VAPs: yes PHY name: phy0

wlan0.sta1 ESSID: unknown
Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Mode: Master (VLAN) Channel: 2 (2.417 GHz)
Tx-Power: 17 dBm Link Quality: 70/70
Signal: -15 dBm Noise: -95 dBm
Bit Rate: 78.0 MBit/s
Encryption: none
Type: nl80211 HW Mode(s): 802.11abgn
Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
TX power offset: unknown
Frequency offset: unknown

07:35 i
07:35 iwinfo
07:34

BusyBox v1.22.1 (2015-11-16 16:28:58 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/ #
07:34 Telnet ready ...
Connected.
Connecting to 192.168.1.1.
07:34 Aircraft Ready ...
07:34 RC Ready ...
07:17
07:17 Please proceed to STEP 2
07:17
07:16 File upload OKE
07:16 Checking file ...
07:16 Upload watchlog.sh to aircraft
07:15 File upload OKE
07:15 Checking file ...
07:15 Upload watchlog.sh to RC
07:14 File upload OKE
07:14 Checking file ...
07:14 Configure Telnet to Aircraft
07:13 File upload OKE
07:13 Checking file ...
07:13 Configure Telnet to RC
07:12 Aircraft Ready ...
07:12 RC Ready ...

Hi papa I did exactly how you described from your video and downloaded the djiupdate and the code seems to say its still in 17dbm what have I done wrong? I have the P3S and clicked 13channel option. I am also in Australia.....

Many misunderstandings occur so that the information box at the right be interpreted as the end result mod, whereas the modification results will only be known after the restart.

I try to revision the application *** by displaying "iwinfo" again at the end after sending command to rc: "iw reg set BO; iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700"

***DJIUpdate v3.3

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl