Phantom 3 Standard issues

Reaction score
We have a Phantom 3S at home. It hasn't been flown in a long time, mostly because I got a Mavic Mini. Unhappy about the Mavic Mini's inability to deal with wind I brought the Phantom 3 out. First flight was OK for a short while and then it decided it was going to go wherever it wanted. I recalibrated everything and took it outside and all was good for a little while and then it started doing its own thing again. It responds to controls and I have not lost it, but its frightening. And it does not land as it should. Last night I held down the left stick and it never slowed, it hit the ground and bounced up. I pulled it out of mid air and after 20 or 30 seconds it slowed down and stopped like you would expect for a normal landing.

The antenna on the RC is broken (the plastic only, it is taped together) and I have a new one waiting installation, but proximity does not seem to matter and there is no communication error noted....

Any thoughts?

We have a Phantom 3S at home. It hasn't been flown in a long time, mostly because I got a Mavic Mini. Unhappy about the Mavic Mini's inability to deal with wind I brought the Phantom 3 out. First flight was OK for a short while and then it decided it was going to go wherever it wanted. I recalibrated everything and took it outside and all was good for a little while and then it started doing its own thing again. It responds to controls and I have not lost it, but its frightening. And it does not land as it should. Last night I held down the left stick and it never slowed, it hit the ground and bounced up. I pulled it out of mid air and after 20 or 30 seconds it slowed down and stopped like you would expect for a normal landing.

The antenna on the RC is broken (the plastic only, it is taped together) and I have a new one waiting installation, but proximity does not seem to matter and there is no communication error noted....

Any thoughts?
The behavior you described could be attributed to a lack of GPS/satellites. Or, the controller may have been switched to Atti mode. The S1 should be in the upper position for take-off, flight, and landing, the middle position for ATTI and the lower position for choosing the optional flight functions on app.

It's never a bad idea to practice in Atti Mode. Never know when you may not have a choice.

Last edited:
You said that you held down the left stick and it never slowed ? Holding the left stick down is for descending. Do you mean slowing motors down? How it could land if motors did not slowed down?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20