Phantom 3 professional losing signal a few feet away.

Reaction score
Good afternoon!

At the beginning of the year I acquired a Phantom 3 Professional, it has always been a beauty to fly with it, going to distance and huge altitudes, but recently I am facing some problems.

I always made flights with altitudes above 200 meters, reaching the limit of 500 meters without the drone losing signal with the remote control. I believe that the equipment has the logs and even the account on the dji website has this information ([email protected]).

After the last update of the application "DJI GO - For products vefore P4" held on 07/13/2018 the equipment began to present problems. Testing the camera without flying will start to freeze and lock the images.

The worst is when I start a flight, when the equipment reaches approximately 150 meters of altitude or 100 meters away the drone loses the signal with the remote control, and begins to make the return home. Out that at 50 meters of altitude the image begins to freeze.

I tested several cell phones / tablets, changed the communicative channels in the custom, diminishes the quality of the transmitted image and even so the drone loses signal with the remote control. Loss of total signal, I can see the drone but even so at 100 meters it loses the signal with the control.

This is all happening after the last update of the DJI Go application.

I can not work with the drone anymore, I need a solution as soon as possible.

Apparatus used for testing:
Iphone 5S
Iphone 6S
Moto E4 Plus
Moto G5s Plus
IPar Air 2
IPad Pro

Help me because I'm not working because of that, and I've been able to make many flights, even inside closed forests.

Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.11.20

app DJI GO 3.1.43

Reactions: umanbean
Help me because I'm not working because of that, and I've been able to make many flights, even inside closed forests.
If you suspect that this is an app issue, it may be worthwhile to try Litchi and see if that works for you. In a pinch it will get you by if that indeed corrects the signal issue, and in the long run, you will like Litchi much better. This really is just the easiest way to determine if you have an app issue or an actual hardware problem. Just my 2 cents.

Good afternoon!

At the beginning of the year I acquired a Phantom 3 Professional, it has always been a beauty to fly with it, going to distance and huge altitudes, but recently I am facing some problems.

I always made flights with altitudes above 200 meters, reaching the limit of 500 meters without the drone losing signal with the remote control. I believe that the equipment has the logs and even the account on the dji website has this information ([email protected]).

After the last update of the application "DJI GO - For products vefore P4" held on 07/13/2018 the equipment began to present problems. Testing the camera without flying will start to freeze and lock the images.

The worst is when I start a flight, when the equipment reaches approximately 150 meters of altitude or 100 meters away the drone loses the signal with the remote control, and begins to make the return home. Out that at 50 meters of altitude the image begins to freeze.

I tested several cell phones / tablets, changed the communicative channels in the custom, diminishes the quality of the transmitted image and even so the drone loses signal with the remote control. Loss of total signal, I can see the drone but even so at 100 meters it loses the signal with the control.

This is all happening after the last update of the DJI Go application.

I can not work with the drone anymore, I need a solution as soon as possible.

Apparatus used for testing:
Iphone 5S
Iphone 6S
Moto E4 Plus
Moto G5s Plus
IPar Air 2
IPad Pro

Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.11.20

app DJI GO 3.1.43
Have you tried re-linking the AC with the RC?

I've never heard of the app affecting range. You can fly without the app.

When I first experienced range issues with my P3S, the first thing DJI had me try was re-linking. Apparently you CAN fly with a faulty connection, maybe just not as good.

Apparently you CAN fly with a faulty connection, maybe just not as good.
Interesting. Not sure this would work with light bridge. Since the P3S is wi-fi only. Worth a try though I suppose. Iv'e never seen any aircraft that would fly un-linked to the RC. In the case of the P3A and P3P, you don't even get so far as to start the motors.

Interesting. Not sure this would work with light bridge. Since the P3S is wi-fi only. Worth a try though I suppose. Iv'e never seen any aircraft that would fly un-linked to the RC. In the case of the P3A and P3P, you don't even get so far as to start the motors.
Not un-linked. Re-linked. Simply go through the linking procedure again as if the controller were new.

Simply go through the linking procedure again as if the controller were new.
Doesn't really make sense, but hey, what is there to loose in trying. Iv'e seen stranger things that are completely UN-explainable.

Not un-linked. Re-linked. Simply go through the linking procedure again as if the controller were new.
We did see people report here back when v1.11.20 was new (July/Aug 2017) that relinking fixed some issues after updating to the latest AC FW even when they already had a green "linked" light on their RC.

I'm not saying this will help with the OP's issue, I'm just saying that there is precedent for relinking to be helpful even when already linked so the suggestion by @LarBear360 should not be discounted.

Last edited:
I'm not saying this will help with the OP's issue
Agreed. As I mentioned about latest firmware. Nothing to lose in giving it a try, its easy and fast. As was mentioned earlier by @LarBear360 .

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Have you tried re-linking the AC with the RC?

I've never heard of the app affecting range. You can fly without the app.

Without the App .. you will only have 50m x 30m flight box ...

I tested and proved that some while back and actually broke my P3P doing it being unable to clear a tree.

Nigel

Reactions: Oso
After the last update of the application "DJI GO - For products vefore P4" held on 07/13/2018 the equipment began to present problems....

.....This is all happening after the last update of the DJI Go application....

So revert back to the version of the app you were using when everything was working fine...

and turn off auto updates in your app store account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers