Reaction score
I have been flying my phantom 3 professional for about a month now. Every time I fly I try to go further but it will tell me "weak transmission signal" and the camera feed will cut out. This occurs after only about a few blocks away so less than 500 feet. I am at about 17-18 satellites whenever I fly and calibrate before each flight but it will still not go even close to the range of 1.2 miles as advertised. Any thoughts or ideas?

Do you fly in the same location every time?

Many range issues can be attributed to the local environment and the amount of interference (devices competing for bandwidth).

The number of GPS SVs or calibrations will have no effect on this.

it will still not go even close to the range of 1.2 miles as advertised. Any thoughts or ideas?
DJI advertise that the P3 can go quite a bit further than 1.2 miles - but that is in a good interference free location.
Max Transmission Distance
FCC Compliant: 3.1 mi (5 km)
CE Compliant: 2.2 mi (3.5 km)
(Unobstructed, free of interference)​
Get away from the city or residential areas, orient your antennas properly and you should see a difference.

Double check that you have the antennas properly positioned. And current consensus is that calibrating every time is not only not needed, but not recommended.

Here's how your antennas should be oriented:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also, what altitude are you experiencing this at? You may try flying higher to see if the transmission improves.

Hi, for anyone I have a question newbie here. I want the PH 3 ADV, My landscape is flat and unobstructed for about 150 yards. Then begins the forest. I presume that if I go higher than the trees I could still get a good signal?

Communications at these frequencies are Line-of-sight. So anything that gets between the RC and AC can reduce your signal. Highe is usually good anyway as it reduces ground interaction effects on you signals.

Thanks! I'd fly it from roof if that were possible, ha. Trees are at least 50 ft tall, and dense. Just beyond the trees ( about 50 yards is another open field.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers