Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

Hi High, quite new to the Phantom 3. Somewhat concerned about upgrading my P3P past 1.4 after reading about some of the issues people have been experiencing with this firmware and the latter two.

Indeed, I am thinking of rolling back to 1.3 as I have not gone past 1.4 at this time. That said, the RC and the Go app are already at their current versions...

Has anyone gone back? And do the batteries also revert back to the earlier firmware?

Last edited:
Men i wish i could be back to 1.3.2.....

Just do it and ignore the warnings. Do not worry about batteries, they will be on the version they are already...

That's the way DJI has versions this update. Unfortunately file number and version number don't match. It's logical in a way as there is practically no update on Aircraft FW, major change is in battery FW.

I suggest everyone who is on currently FW 1.5.30 to upgrade to this version. You will only gain, nothing to loose.

what will i gain other then reduced speeds, this birds slow as it is now its to be slower and still vibrating like crazy?!?!

Huge speed reduction for me. Live in Las vegas. Updated p3p and 4 batteries. Did all calibrations. Flying feels incredibly slow and sluggish now.
I used to love how this Phantom could accelerate so fast from ground level to 200 hundred feet or so. Now it is like it is crawling.
Horizontal speed was slower also. Still got up to 32 MPH. but the it did not feel like the acceleration was nearly as fast as before.
I don't mind if they slow it down while it descends. I am always worried about the vortex affect. But come on DJI, bad move slowing everything else down and telling us it will only
come into effect when it is cold. Flew today in 55 degree F. no wind. First time I didn't enjoy flying this Phantom.

so whats the deal this guy is flying in 55 degree weather and still slow which leads me to believe speed will be reduced no matter what and even when the battery warms up will still be reduced? and another question since i also have this vibration issue that everyone except maybe 6 people are having, i tryed going down and back up again which just wasted my time... i updated to latest app which cause me to have to update my ios if i go back to 1.4 and stay there am i going to have problems with the app since it will be updated but p3p is back to 1.4 or will the app still handle it fine?

I think slowing it down is a great idea, these are Camera platforms, not race quads !!!! If it helps the stress and cracking issue DJI finally did something right !!! I fly my new one like a filming device not a racer NO cracks and tons of great flights ! When I see people say I used to accelerate upward so fast lol, I own a Yamaha R6 it will accelerate **** fast but, do you need to and do you expect it to last long if you abuse it all the time NO ! Same idea !

i take it you dont film for a living otherwise you would know if they want you to film a car taking off fast and keep up with it.. well lets just say your little girl wont be eating, how do u think the movie twister would look if they said well our drone cant move that fast so when you take off from the tornado drive slow and slowly accelerate up to speed like real do in real life when they are running for there life....

It really depends on your situation. If it's cold where you live (below freezing when you fly), then YES, get the update. The risk of over current draw is higher in cold climates, potentially causing the voltage to dip below 3V on one of the cells, which will trigger the battery to SHUT OFF using the old F/W. This is a real liability in the previous f/w revs if you're in cold climates. You'll just have to live with the reduced performance for now, maybe forever with the P3. But if you live in warmer climates, and enjoy fast acceleration, then you may want to wait, assuming you're OK with the drift in 1.4 (I lived with it for months, it wasn't that big of a deal) then stick with 1.4. Or if you're OK with potential vibration issue in 1.5, you might want to stick with that, preferably in warmer climates that are above 45F.

I upgraded because I got a new Ipad Air2 with IOS9.1 for Christmas. My former iPad Mini2 IOS was 8.4 running an old app and older 1.4 firmware. Since I had to load a new APP onto the new iPad Air2, I wasn't sure about compatibility with my old 1.4 firmware, so I opted to upgrade everything to the current version. I'm OK with it, I'm just really disappointed. It's like buying a Corvette with a supercharger and having a fun time driving it for 6 months, and then the authorities say sorry bud, no super chargers allowed in this country. What a letdown. You may ask, do I need a supercharger? Maybe not, I'm not sure yet, but I PAID FOR IT! And now it's gone.

Fortunately I didn't see a vibration issue in my craft after the upgrade. That's what I worried about most when deciding to upgrade, but it didn't appear in two batteries of flight. Now I've got a sluggish Phantom 3P, however it's way cool and far ahead of the competition. Yes, I'm still in love with this bird, and my new Ipad Air2 is the bees knees, pretty nice.

I might go back to 1.5 just to see how I like it. I never tried it before, but I'm in So. Calif, warmer climates, I should be OK.

watch out i didnt see the vibration issue untill about 5 flights in.... and its not constant as some flights it wont happen at all and others it will

Not sure what you have been (not?) reading..

heres something i noticed so I was flying on a cold night 100% battery not problems except that **** bad vibration, batt. temp. was 30, all was well landed at 31% the next day i wanted to drain the rest of my battery and get some photos, started up all was well battery came to 30% after IMU warm up and batt. temp was 19, flew up to about 80ft then app said critically low batter and starting to descend, which i thought was odd looking at the battery in app and temp. was 20 but first cell was red at 3.7, scary, last cell turned orange, auto landed fine and all cells went back green so I put it up again and soon as i took off the battery warning sounded again and again first cell red at 3.7 but I stayed hovering (only inches off the ground ofcorse) and drained the battery down to about 4% when brought it down one inch and landed, sorry not sure outside temp but it was most likely in the 30s but I got warnings even at 30% battery just wanted to share that.

I have firmware 1.4 and RC firmware 1.5.7. Using the DJI Go app, I can't ascent faster than 6 m/s. Even back in the summer, when I still had firmware 1.1.9, I couldn't ascent faster than 6 m/s and descent faster than 3 m/s. (I checked my logs just now.)
So I don't understand the claims here. Unless, of course, other apps allow a faster ascent speed. I tried with Litchi on iOS and FPV Camera on iOS and couldn't ascent any faster.
Am I doing something wrong here? I still have the old 1.4 FW on all batteries.

hey what version of go app are you using? i want to go back to 1.4 and stay there to get around the vibration issue but i dont want to run into problems with the RC or app, if I leave all up-to-date and roll back to 1.4 will everything work as it should? anybody?

I went back and didn't get the stability I once had, so don't expect miracles..

Hey John what made you want to go back and what stability did you loss? i want to go back only issue is the vibration problem im having in 1.5 everything else is fine but im just worried since i will have app and RC up to date and p3 at 1.4 will i have any issues like lossing signal or picture? anyone have an answer?

When I first got the drone it hovered on a pinhead. In my innocence I didn't think that would change, but upgrading from 1.1.9 killed that precision and I've never got it back. I got up to about 1.4 and then went right back to 1.1.9 directly and indirectly. Nothing helped and I'm left with a drone that doesn't have the same accuracy as it once did. Mordor has the same problem.
Now i upgrade in the hope that the next one will work but all I see is function being altered, some for the better, some not. Still no accuracy.

Reactions: Mordor
Perhaps the drift/accuracy issues are attributed to the upgraded RC firmware.

If someone can get a hold of a RC that has not been updated past 1.4 and pair it to a P3P that has been downgraded from 1.4 to 1.3 and test, that could answer plenty. At the very least, eliminate RC attributed communication behaviour...

My problem is that I had zero problems, other than minor horizon tilt, and minor drift, before the 1.5 update. After, those things were fixed but SERIOUS video drop out ocurred. Contacted DJI and was told to roll back. I did and still had the same problem. Contacted them again, and was advised that all FW & SW had to be up to date before they could help. So I did and still have the same problem! My P3P is pretty much worthless now and I'm waiting for DJI to get back to me after I informed them of all I did to rectify my video drop out issues. It drops out as close as 50' using either iPad Mini 2 or iPhone 6s. (airplane mode, low video transmission rate, etc) I read about issues others had along the "update highway" and considered myself lucky that I had none. Then when this happened, it just kind of put the brakes on anything I did before. I now have a seriously crippled P3P.

My problem is that I had zero problems, other than minor horizon tilt, and minor drift, before the 1.5 update. After, those things were fixed but SERIOUS video drop out ocurred. Contacted DJI and was told to roll back. I did and still had the same problem. Contacted them again, and was advised that all FW & SW had to be up to date before they could help. So I did and still have the same problem! My P3P is pretty much worthless now and I'm waiting for DJI to get back to me after I informed them of all I did to rectify my video drop out issues. It drops out as close as 50' using either iPad Mini 2 or iPhone 6s. (airplane mode, low video transmission rate, etc) I read about issues others had along the "update highway" and considered myself lucky that I had none. Then when this happened, it just kind of put the brakes on anything I did before. I now have a seriously crippled P3P.
Delete the go app, reboot tablet, reinstall the go new go app. That should cure your problem. I have also noticed that caching video can be very taxing on the tablet. Even my air2 seems to get fussy with it. I disabled that and have glitch free flights. Hope you get it sorted.

Delete the go app, reboot tablet, reinstall the go new go app. That should cure your problem. I have also noticed that caching video can be very taxing on the tablet. Even my air2 seems to get fussy with it. I disabled that and have glitch free flights. Hope you get it sorted.

I've already done that, twice or more. DJI suggested that as well. I was on the phone with them today and they finally gave me an RMA to send it in for repair due to FW issues. Didn't promise me it wouldn't cost me anything, but they did acknowledge that I've done everything they asked. We'll see what happens. I just want it work like it is supposed to.

I've already done that, twice or more. DJI suggested that as well. I was on the phone with them today and they finally gave me an RMA to send it in for repair due to FW issues. Didn't promise me it wouldn't cost me anything, but they did acknowledge that I've done everything they asked. We'll see what happens. I just want it work like it is supposed to.
There must come a time when the GO app asks too much of the smartphone. That is my greatest fear - that I'll have to shell out for the latest phone in order for things to work again

so you that have gone back to 1.4 did you have to roll back your app and RC or no? i want to roll back to 1.4 and keep everything as is, is that possible without issues????

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel