Reaction score
So my Phantom 3 Pro Gimbal does not seem to be activating. Its not staying steady and instead seems to shake with the Phantom 3 as it flys. The gimbal can also be easily be manipulated by touch.

Any ideas what is going on? I've flown countless times and now the gimbal won't work the way it used too.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you checked the anti vibration mounts are properly seated and the anti drop pins are still in place? I had a similar issue on my P3 pro, after investigating the issue I realised that somehow one had become dislodged which caused the whole gimbal to shake slightly just like in your vid

How did you go about re-inserting the pins?

Have you checked the anti vibration mounts are properly seated and the anti drop pins are still in place? I had a similar issue on my P3 pro, after investigating the issue I realised that somehow one had become dislodged which caused the whole gimbal to shake slightly just like in your vid

I was lucky both of my pins were still in, it was one of the other corners that had separated
you can just as easily use a small tywrap instead of the pins anyway just fix it in a loose loop

I think your grub screw in the yaw arm has come loose.
There is a hidden hex grub screw at where the gimbal arm attaches to the gimbal board. On the opposite side of the flex cable is this grub screw. It has know to come loose from vibrations. Just tighten it to the flat side of the shaft.

I was lucky both of my pins were still in, it was one of the other corners that had separated
you can just as easily use a small tywrap instead of the pins anyway just fix it in a loose loop
So my Phantom 3 Pro Gimbal does not seem to be activating. Its not staying steady and instead seems to shake with the Phantom 3 as it flys. The gimbal can also be easily be manipulated by touch.

Any ideas what is going on? I've flown countless times and now the gimbal won't work the way it used too.
Follow Mako's advice but you should also do the gimbal calibration and see if that helps. Make sure it's on a perfectly level surface when you calibrate it.

I think your grub screw in the yaw arm has come loose.
There is a hidden hex grub screw at where the gimbal arm attaches to the gimbal board. On the opposite side of the flex cable is this grub screw. It has know to come loose from vibrations. Just tighten it to the flat side of the shaft.

Thanks for the great advice! Where can I find this hidden hex grub screw? There a quite a few screws on the gimbal.

Still having problems with this gimbal. I've re-updated it and am still getting this shaking.

Still having problems with this gimbal. I've re-updated it and am still getting this shaking.

Does anyone know if the screw replacement set DJI offers has replacement grub screws in it? I cant tell from the image they offer..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.