Phantom 3 losing datalink after argtek install

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my antenna set to the Argtek antennas. My initial flights were very close mainly to test the connection and ensure the antennas were connected properly. Recently i extended to a longer test track. That's where the trouble began. I am losing some signal at a very short range and then losing the controller signal first, followed by intermittent video signals at best as it flies the route. I am flying Litchi so the mission continues and it faithfully returns home with me regaining signal as it gets closer, I've attached my flight data if that helps.I flew in two configurations to test. I cant say in practical terms one was any better than the other, maybe a slight edge to the first flight. I have opened the controller twice now and peeled the hot glue away to verify the antennae are seated in the connections properly. I have also tried other configurations of antennas and not finding much success. Anybody have any suggestions? Is there a way with a multimeter to test antenna connection? Other diagnosis actions I can take. I have flown this route with stock controller antenna and kept connection all but 3-4 sec at max range.

Flight #1-5.8G omni antenna and 2 panel antennas for the 2.6G
Apr 24th, 2018 11:58AM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from Litchi app, version 2.1.4 on iOS | Total Mileage: 6,334 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

Flight #2-3 panel antennas
Apr 24th, 2018 12:09PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from Litchi app, version 2.1.4 on iOS | Total Mileage: 6,547 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

I recently upgraded my antenna set to the Argtek antennas. My initial flights were very close mainly to test the connection and ensure the antennas were connected properly. Recently i extended to a longer test track. That's where the trouble began. I am losing some signal at a very short range and then losing the controller signal first, followed by intermittent video signals at best as it flies the route. I am flying Litchi so the mission continues and it faithfully returns home with me regaining signal as it gets closer, I've attached my flight data if that helps.I flew in two configurations to test. I cant say in practical terms one was any better than the other, maybe a slight edge to the first flight. I have opened the controller twice now and peeled the hot glue away to verify the antennae are seated in the connections properly. I have also tried other configurations of antennas and not finding much success. Anybody have any suggestions? Is there a way with a multimeter to test antenna connection? Other diagnosis actions I can take. I have flown this route with stock controller antenna and kept connection all but 3-4 sec at max range.

Flight #1-5.8G omni antenna and 2 panel antennas for the 2.6G
Apr 24th, 2018 11:58AM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from Litchi app, version 2.1.4 on iOS | Total Mileage: 6,334 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

Flight #2-3 panel antennas
Apr 24th, 2018 12:09PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from Litchi app, version 2.1.4 on iOS | Total Mileage: 6,547 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

Start from the beginning pal ie make sure all your pig tails are nice and firm in there holes and most of all in the right order you should feel a little little click when you push them in and use glue as it was

If that all good and your happy make sure you are using the right aerials the numbers are on the back of them

Fingers crossed pal just just start at the beginning

Start from the beginning pal ie make sure all your pig tails are nice and firm in there holes and most of all in the right order you should feel a little little click when you push them in and use glue as it was

If that all good and your happy make sure you are using the right aerials the numbers are on the back of them

Fingers crossed pal just just start at the beginning

Thank you! I have checked and rechecked all three antenna connections. Opened the controller case up twice to check.
Definitely straight on the antennae and have even marked with sharpie so not to confuse.

I was wondering since they are Wi-Fi frequencies, would a Wi-Fi signal meter help determine if they are transmitting correctly?

Thank you! I have checked and rechecked all three antenna connections. Opened the controller case up twice to check.
Definitely straight on the antennae and have even marked with sharpie so not to confuse.

I was wondering since they are Wi-Fi frequencies, would a Wi-Fi signal meter help determine if they are transmitting correctly?

Probably but well over my head there mate and I would check the cables as my did not match the ones on YouTube video I was watching I followed them through looking in the hole at witch way they went

Reactions: gmonatl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers