Close-range RF Signal loss

Nothing needs to be wrong at all.
RF signals that become reflected from the ground or other large objects tend to become cancelled out, either fully or partially. If your signal becomes OK by increasing aircraft height this is possibly the cause of your problems.
Any RF signal will cancel out if the height above the ground matches that of the wavelength of the signal. Remember this is not an AM long wave radio that reaches around the world.
This is microwave and is thus very sensitive to reflections and physical obstacles between the transmitter and receiver.

RF signals that become reflected from the ground or other large objects tend to become cancelled out, either fully or partially. If your signal becomes OK by increasing aircraft height this is possibly the cause of your problems.
This is microwave and is thus very sensitive to reflections and physical obstacles between the transmitter and receiver.

Thank you for the input. Unfortunately this is not the case. Independent of height and free of obstacles.

Reactions: RodPad
Any RF signal will cancel out if the height above the ground matches that of the wavelength of the signal. Remember this is not an AM long wave radio that reaches around the world.
Having had P3S that worked like it should, If I could see it, it could see me.

When I would fly from my house checking how far I could go. I would have my eye on the Phantom. When I got the message it was disconnected I would then look at the tablet, then I would look back at the Phantom, I couldn't see it.
It would be returning home, signal would come back usually less then a minute, could never see it until I hear the buzzard returning to its nest.:D

This distance when I loosed signal was usually 3/4 of a mile, not 34'

P3S, If you can see it, it should see you.;)

The P3A is actually more than you need. Hum, actually I have never tried the same test with the P3A, I got hooked on Litchi and missions. :eek: ;)

Rod

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj