Phantom 3 4K Shell

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 4K which after 4 flights (very smooth although one was at 120 meters height) developed the stress fractures at the motor mounts.
My questions are:
Do all Phantom 3's share the same body shell (according to DJI help chat they do not)
If they don't share the same body shell, where can I find a shell for the Phantom 3 4K

Very important, I do not want to send in the drone as advised by DJI, I'm quite competent in doing the switch myself.

Thanks in advance for your help!
John

I have a Phantom 3 4K which after 4 flights (very smooth although one was at 120 meters height) developed the stress fractures at the motor mounts.
My questions are:
Do all Phantom 3's share the same body shell (according to DJI help chat they do not)
If they don't share the same body shell, where can I find a shell for the Phantom 3 4K

Very important, I do not want to send in the drone as advised by DJI, I'm quite competent in doing the switch myself.

John
I have a standard with 40 flights and not a single crack. I do have the metal plate installed under each motor... I guess that is avoiding getting the crack.

I have a standard with 40 flights and not a single crack. I do have the metal plate installed under each motor... I guess that is avoiding getting the crack.
I guess that does't help me in finding a new shell, but can you tell me which metal plates you installed

Reactions: John Aeras
My questions are:

John

Check these links for a new shell for P3 4K.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

DJI Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced Complete Body Shell w/ Hardware Part 30 | eBay

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B012HXD1BM/ph079-20

Buy Phantom 3 - Shell (Pro/Adv)

I can't tell ya that for sure as I havn't been in my 4K but If I was going to change the shell on mine it would be one like in one of those links .
Wouldn't take the chance of having to return it and order another .
When I want something I want it yesterday .

Thanks a lot guys!
Are the shells for the Phantom 3's the same for all versions?

Those shells were listed for the P3 4K now whether they are the same for all the P3s who knows.

Standard is different as it doesn't have the holes in the back for
the sensor but is the same as the Pro/Adv . Thought this had been posted . Blade confirmed it in this thread .
P3 4k body

We all were new at one time so think nothing of it .
The search in my Signature is good just type in the
middle and it will take you to whatever you want to know .
Good luck .:)

We all were new at one time so think nothing of it .
The search in my Signature is good just type in the
middle and it will take you to whatever you want to know .
Good luck .:)
Again thanks a lot!!
Ordered the shell from your link, apparently they are new OEM shells removed from assembled, but not flown units.
Hopefully this will not crack under normal flight conditions!
Cheers!
John

Reactions: dirkclod
I had same issue with my 4K I used a small triangle shaped jewelers file to file a v groove down the length of the crack filled it with epoxy sanded it smooth with a piece of 400grit sandpaper glued to a popsicle stick. then installed these brackets removed one month later no new cracks and old one still holding well. this seller has non color aluminum also https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LFF4LL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had same issue with my 4K I used a small triangle shaped jewelers file to file a v groove down the length of the crack filled it with epoxy sanded it smooth with a piece of 400grit sandpaper glued to a popsicle stick. then installed these brackets removed one month later no new cracks and old one still holding well. this seller has non color aluminum also https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LFF4LL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the info, I was thinking of doing something like that.
I thought I would remove the motors, lightly sand the inside of the frame under the motor and fill it with epoxy, without putting in the guards.
I have read a lot of mixed opinions on the guards.
What I don't like, is that the only place they attach to the frame is directly under the motor only and not further back on the stronger part of the arm.
Anyway, I will do some more research and maybe try this before I put on the new body I ordered.
Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the info, I was thinking of doing something like that.
I thought I would remove the motors, lightly sand the inside of the frame under the motor and fill it with epoxy, without putting in the guards.
I have read a lot of mixed opinions on the guards.
What I don't like, is that the only place they attach to the frame is directly under the motor only and not further back on the stronger part of the arm.
Anyway, I will do some more research and maybe try this before I put on the new body I ordered.
Thanks for the advice!
no problem I have a new body for my Standard that had the same cracks only a month into ownership I have the new shell and am planning on reinforcing the inside with layup resin and carbon fiber cloth or Kevlar. before I swat everything over

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers