Have you ever encountered a problem similar to mine?

• Total voters
So it is totally fine if I take my vision plus gimbal and plug it straight into the zenmuse port without the board that is on the bottom?
that's fine. Zenmuse port on the main board to the top back of the H33D is fine.

Ok great news guys, camera bypassed I get all info in vision app just no picture (probably cuz no camera is installed). Altitude, speed, mode, bat life, satellites, ect... all show in the vision app. So I'm guessing that my camera board is fried.

You got it!
Most likely culprit!
All 3 of mine turned out to be bad boards, and 1 also had bad wifi module as well!

J Dot

You got it!
Most likely culprit!
All 3 of mine turned out to be bad boards, and 1 also had bad wifi module as well!

J Dot
I got a pile of gimbal parts off ebay and replaced the main board in the gimbal. When I turn it on it gives me a solid red light and tries to center the gimbal. It kinda works but not really. How do I make sure that each encoder is in the correct position with each shaft? Thanks for your help

Do you get FPV?
I have 1 with solid red light ( usually meaning no SD CARD , but it has no FPV! I was thinking SD card slot defective but also some sort of burnout as well!

Red light might not be a good thing?

Anyhow
The only shaft that should be an issue is the shaft holding the camera unit to gimbal, it can be placed 180 degrees off, causing gimbal to shake erratically! Other 2 can only go in one way, UNLESS , it has been crashed, the center shaft on the ROLL axis is a steel shaft PRESSED into an aluminum collar, sometimes these come loose, spin, or even become separated. You need epoxy and patients to fix, you have to pull it apart, find center ( YouTube has great videos on this ) , place epoxy, press together and hold, let epoxy dry overnight, then finish reassembly after that. Just look at the picture of your gimbal on the front of your box, as long as arms are on the correct sides, positioned right, you cannot go wrong, but camera shaft, I'm almost positive flat needs to be facing twords the bigger part of the pitch board, so if hole is twords the top, then flat goes down! But I'm not 100% sure, ( about 99.9% sure I'm right, ) but, again YouTube has great tutorials, and some sneaky tricks you'll like as well, check out quick ribbon replacement without disassembly! I use it ALL the time. I can do one in under 2 minutes now!

J Dot

Do you get FPV?
I have 1 with solid red light ( usually meaning no SD CARD , but it has no FPV! I was thinking SD card slot defective but also some sort of burnout as well!

Red light might not be a good thing?

Anyhow
The only shaft that should be an issue is the shaft holding the camera unit to gimbal, it can be placed 180 degrees off, causing gimbal to shake erratically! Other 2 can only go in one way, UNLESS , it has been crashed, the center shaft on the ROLL axis is a steel shaft PRESSED into an aluminum collar, sometimes these come loose, spin, or even become separated. You need epoxy and patients to fix, you have to pull it apart, find center ( YouTube has great videos on this ) , place epoxy, press together and hold, let epoxy dry overnight, then finish reassembly after that. Just look at the picture of your gimbal on the front of your box, as long as arms are on the correct sides, positioned right, you cannot go wrong, but camera shaft, I'm almost positive flat needs to be facing twords the bigger part of the pitch board, so if hole is twords the top, then flat goes down! But I'm not 100% sure, ( about 99.9% sure I'm right, ) but, again YouTube has great tutorials, and some sneaky tricks you'll like as well, check out quick ribbon replacement without disassembly! I use it ALL the time. I can do one in under 2 minutes now!

J Dot
I got the yaw straightened out but wasn't sure about the others and I don't think that is the problem. No image in vision app. My problem looks exactly like this guy's Upgraded Firmware, now Camera Light Red? (Phantom 2 Vision+)

Yeah
That red light not a good thing! I have 3 bad boards, 1 physically damaged you can see burn marks, but has a green light, and gimbal works, just no FPV, I have another board with green light, but no gimbal action or FPV, and last was a red light gimbal works, but no FPV. I recently bought a couple used boards from a TRUSTED friend, and he referred me to another guy for my 3rd board, first 2 cured my problems with 2 of my 4 cameras, working on #3 now ( old red light one ) so I'll keep you informed, I also bought 8 ribbon cables, so going to replace it as well.
I might have found a #4 board, but guy is out of town until next week!
All boards were $100 or cheaper. I do know a place for $175 garanteed to work, but patience is virtue! Just keep an eye out, here and on eBay ( search DJI vision gimbal board ) they are scarce, but do come up, I bought this one ( guy said it works ) $50 shipped! ( and told me if it does not work he'd give a full refund! Can't beat that. Also I have a lead on a guy local repair that has good boards but with issues ( like ribbon clamp broken off, or connector in need of soldering, stuff like that $50 each, but might require something to make it work, like taping down ribbon because clip is broken, ect. Let me know, I'd be glad to help you search!

J Dot

Yeah
That red light not a good thing! I have 3 bad boards, 1 physically damaged you can see burn marks, but has a green light, and gimbal works, just no FPV, I have another board with green light, but no gimbal action or FPV, and last was a red light gimbal works, but no FPV. I recently bought a couple used boards from a TRUSTED friend, and he referred me to another guy for my 3rd board, first 2 cured my problems with 2 of my 4 cameras, working on #3 now ( old red light one ) so I'll keep you informed, I also bought 8 ribbon cables, so going to replace it as well.
I might have found a #4 board, but guy is out of town until next week!
All boards were $100 or cheaper. I do know a place for $175 garanteed to work, but patience is virtue! Just keep an eye out, here and on eBay ( search DJI vision gimbal board ) they are scarce, but do come up, I bought this one ( guy said it works ) $50 shipped! ( and told me if it does not work he'd give a full refund! Can't beat that. Also I have a lead on a guy local repair that has good boards but with issues ( like ribbon clamp broken off, or connector in need of soldering, stuff like that $50 each, but might require something to make it work, like taping down ribbon because clip is broken, ect. Let me know, I'd be glad to help you search!

J Dot
Thanks for the info. I got my board with every other piece of the gimbal (even an oem ribbon cable) off a guy on ebay for 40 bucks shipped so I did not lose out too bad. I can always sell the rest of the parts and probably get my money back. So is my board trash? A lot of people had this issue after doing a firmware update. Should the gimbal respond to left stick movements? Definitely let me know if you see something good.

Will do,
Sounds like a bad board, the newest board I got is bad, bummer, no lights, gimbal kinda works, but roll is a 45 degree angle, no pic or video at button. So guess back to the drawing board, I say we wait till my buddy gets back, and we try out those $50 boards ( most have the little black ribbon lock on the connector broken off ) people try and o replace the ribbon, and don't know what they are doing, they break the tabs off, so he replaces the whole board, he said with a tiny bit of double sided tape, you can tape ribbon n down after you insert it, and it works fine, so I'm all for giving it a try! He should be back Monday or Tuesday next week, I'll keep you informed!

J Dot

Yes,
You should have full movement and FPV, like this new one acts completely different, than my others? This gimbal with my good board, starts up perfectly, takes pics, video, and has FPV, but when I swap mainboards, pitch is right, roll is 45 degrees off ( or close to it ) and yaw is fine, but no lights, no camera, no FPV? So as you can see, these boards can act quite crazy!
Luckily this guy offers refunds, and maybe he has another for me to try?

J Dot

Yes,
You should have full movement and FPV, like this new one acts completely different, than my others? This gimbal with my good board, starts up perfectly, takes pics, video, and has FPV, but when I swap mainboards, pitch is right, roll is 45 degrees off ( or close to it ) and yaw is fine, but no lights, no camera, no FPV? So as you can see, these boards can act quite crazy!
Luckily this guy offers refunds, and maybe he has another for me to try?

J Dot
Did you mess around with any of those $50 boards yet?

This is his last week of vacation, with his family, plus he burnt out his phantom, testing boards? Not sure what he did, but I'm waiting his reply.
But not yet. Hopefully soon.
I did but a $99 board on eBay, free ship, but it did not work, so seller sent me another, and 2nd camera is working beautifully. Now 2 to go. One is missing parts. Lol.....to be continued............

J Dot

This is his last week of vacation, with his family, plus he burnt out his phantom, testing boards? Not sure what he did, but I'm waiting his reply.
I did but a $99 board on eBay, free ship, but it did not work, so seller sent me another, and 2nd camera is working beautifully. Now 2 to go. One is missing parts. Lol.....to be continued............

J Dot
What parts is it missing?

J Dot
Still in need of a new gimbal/board. Any luck?

Hello
Not yet, I do have 1 untested from a repair, guy sent new board, so I never tested old one, just swapped it out.i will try to test in the next day or 2, we might get lucky?
Still trying to work with the guy for several broken cameras, but we can't seem to meet, he travels a lot, and we end up playing phone tag.
But I will get on that for you!
Sorry for delay, got sidetracked!

J Dot
:cool:

Hello
Not yet, I do have 1 untested from a repair, guy sent new board, so I never tested old one, just swapped it out.i will try to test in the next day or 2, we might get lucky?
Still trying to work with the guy for several broken cameras, but we can't seem to meet, he travels a lot, and we end up playing phone tag.
But I will get on that for you!
Sorry for delay, got sidetracked!

J Dot
No problem, thanks for the update.

I am in a similar boat. Camera is black on app but gimble DOES work. The last guy who flew it crashed it....so I'm thinking loose wire or ribbon. What do you think? And should i update firmware or leave firmware alone?

Reactions: J Dot
Hello
I would scrutinize, EVERYTHING!
Connectors, wires, ribbon, ect, look closely.
I'm worried it might be a more sinister issue? Are you getting telemetry?
And what is gimbal led doing? ( green, red, or combination? )
Ok
( sometimes the Jst ( GH especially ) connectors can crack ( almost not visible to naked eye, so look closely ) magnifying glass works well! Make sure all wires are FULLY inserted in connector, and connector is fully inserted on board! Also check all solder joints at board/connector points.sometimes when the connector gets jolted it can cause tiny solder joints to crack, again nearly invisible to naked eye! I use my finger to wiggle the connector on the board, to see if a crack appears, gently though, you don't need to FORCE ANYTHING!
Lastly
Check wires as they pass through belly of phantom for damage as well!
Let us know your findings

Ok
Firmware, makes no difference, here, it should work with whatever current firmware installed on your bird!
( so choice is up to you, but not necessary! ) that is why they don't FORCE upgrades, solely up to you as a user!
I would hold off for now, get camera operational, then if you feel you want to upgrade, do so!
I run 3.08 on most of my birds, one is 3.12, and my newest plus already had 3.14.
I like 3.08 the best, but any are ok, just stay away for 3.10, it was BAD!
You are most likely 3.12-3.14, both are ok, they added geo fencing in those updates, limiting your height distance to under 400' ( if I'm not mistaken )? I know with 3.08, I can WAY higher than 400', max I've gone up was 680' could have kept going, I wanted some shots of an incomming lightning storm! But I usually stay in law limits! Have not tried 3.12, or 3.14, as I use my BOMBER craft for that kind of stuff! As I don't care if I crash it, as it was built from spare parts, here was the day of the build!
CFFEE3EA-EEE1-44B3-A7AD-0D600EDC16D7_zpsrccmcams.jpg

It is a mint machine, but I call it a bomber! Lol:)

Good luck!

J Dot

Hello
I would scrutinize, EVERYTHING!
Connectors, wires, ribbon, ect, look closely.
I'm worried it might be a more sinister issue? Are you getting telemetry?
And what is gimbal led doing? ( green, red, or combination? )
Ok
( sometimes the Jst ( GH especially ) connectors can crack ( almost not visible to naked eye, so look closely ) magnifying glass works well! Make sure all wires are FULLY inserted in connector, and connector is fully inserted on board! Also check all solder joints at board/connector points.sometimes when the connector gets jolted it can cause tiny solder joints to crack, again nearly invisible to naked eye! I use my finger to wiggle the connector on the board, to see if a crack appears, gently though, you don't need to FORCE ANYTHING!
Lastly
Check wires as they pass through belly of phantom for damage as well!
Let us know your findings

Ok
Firmware, makes no difference, here, it should work with whatever current firmware installed on your bird!
( so choice is up to you, but not necessary! ) that is why they don't FORCE upgrades, solely up to you as a user!
I would hold off for now, get camera operational, then if you feel you want to upgrade, do so!
I run 3.08 on most of my birds, one is 3.12, and my newest plus already had 3.14.
I like 3.08 the best, but any are ok, just stay away for 3.10, it was BAD!
You are most likely 3.12-3.14, both are ok, they added geo fencing in those updates, limiting your height distance to under 400' ( if I'm not mistaken )? I know with 3.08, I can WAY higher than 400', max I've gone up was 680' could have kept going, I wanted some shots of an incomming lightning storm! But I usually stay in law limits! Have not tried 3.12, or 3.14, as I use my BOMBER craft for that kind of stuff! As I don't care if I crash it, as it was built from spare parts, here was the day of the build!
CFFEE3EA-EEE1-44B3-A7AD-0D600EDC16D7_zpsrccmcams.jpg

It is a mint machine, but I call it a bomber! Lol:)

Good luck!

J Dot

Thank you for the great response. I'll fire it up and see what the leds are doing. Where is a good tutorial for disassembly?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj