Phantom 2.0 Vision+ Missing Gimbal/Camera (can i still connect)?

Reaction score
Hi

I bought a Phantom 2.0 Vision+ , it didn't have a Gimbal/Camera.

I have the remote with the wifi extender re700.
can i still connect the phantom and get any information from the smart phone. or the app is only for camera?
is the wifi module in the camera or phantom, can i verify if it is still in it ?

Hi

can i still connect the phantom and get any information from the smart phone. or the app is only for camera?
is the wifi module in the camera or phantom, can i verify if it is still in it ?
you NEED the vision camera and it will ALL work
NO vision camera and no data , It is all part of a complete system.
If you are very technical you could work around it that , but the time and cost and trouble makes it unlikely to be worth it.
no matter how you ask the question the ANSWER will not change, sorry.

you NEED the vision camera and it will ALL work
NO vision camera and no data , It is all part of a complete system.
If you are very technical you could work around it that , but the time and cost and trouble makes it unlikely to be worth it.
no matter how you ask the question the ANSWER will not change, sorry.

i am just asking what if any information is coming from the phantom or all that communication is in the gimbal.
so the question is specific, without the Gimbal/Camera is there any information i can get on my phone or no communication.

i am just asking what if any information is coming from the phantom or all that communication is in the gimbal.
so the question is specific, without the Gimbal/Camera is there any information i can get on my phone or no communication.

You cant power up the wifi module without the gimbal board. The gimbal acts as a bridge to power up the wifi module.

However, you can bypass it and power up the wifi module directly.

To get telemetry without the camera and gimbal, it requires opening the phantom to redirecting 1 cable from the wifi module to CAM port on the main board. This will power up the wifi module and give you ONLY telemetry (battery %, Sat counts, SD card info, radar). I've never tested this on IOS, but I know it works on android.

Read page 17. You don't need to do the entire mod. You just need to power up the wifi module.
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection - Page 17 - RC Groups

Hi

google "dji wifi module" exactly and you will see how easy it is to research faster on your own.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj