P4P or P4P+?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Pricetag aside, which would you buy? Is the screen really good on the + or is it more of a nuisance?

Ideas and advice please

Thanks

At the moment, a lot of people are saying the P4P+ screen is less flexible as you can't side load other android apps on it.

I have the normal P4P because I wanted to use a larger screen with it, Ipad 10.5

The extra brightness of the P4P+is definitely useful here in the Australian sun but the screen is a bit small from my point of view.

I actually recently ordered a crystal sky 7.85in screen, this probably the best compromise in screen size and brightness but it's going to cost a lot more going this direction

So if your not wanting a larger screen, and just want to use the DJI G04 app, I'd go for the P4P+

Reactions: ChipperRay and donk
Ahhh, yes. So I won't be able to use my Litchi? Bugger that. In that case I'll be going for the P4P.
Is there any other differences at all between the 2?
Is it possible to connect a different screen to the remote?

Thanks. Perhaps I could even put up with the small screen size, but I just can't not use my Litchi, so I guess the plus is out

Thanks guys

It is worthless if you need it for waypoint flights. Otherwise, it is ok. Just understand that you cannot use third party software like leichi etc. you are stuck with DJI GO which works fine for most flights.

Hi all,

Pricetag aside, which would you buy? Is the screen really good on the + or is it more of a nuisance?

Ideas and advice please

Thanks

I own the P4P+. I like it a lot. I was disappointed that I couldn't use it for mapping, so I later purchased P4P controller and a mini-ipad. When taking photos or videos, I much prefer using the P4P+, and I switch to the other controller out of necessity when doing mapping.

If I hadn't ever used the + controller, and knew then what I know now, I might have purchased the P4P, but now that I have experienced the + controller, it would be very hard to give it up.

Yeah the plus seems like an awesome idea. Like I said, the only deal breaker for me is not being able to use Litchi

Waypoint missions are just one awesome feature. Setup waypoints through missionhub and you're set. Beautiful

I googled the P5 today and they reckon on the 15th of this month they'll announce the release. They're saying it may be available before christmas. So I'm going to wait a little while.

I googled the P5 today and they reckon on the 15th of this month they'll announce the release. They're saying it may be available before christmas. So I'm going to wait a little while.

Speculation and internet hype. Most of the postings are by unreliable sites that are nothing other than attempts to get "hits" for revenue.

There is no official listing of any DJI Phantom 5. And, it is unknown if it will be significantly better than a Pro 4. The Mavic Pro was subtle improvement. Certainly worth buying if you never had a Mavic, but of questionable improvement if you're trying to upgrade. And, I do have a Mavic Pro.

And remember, a new model has a new price.

Phantom ware is the name for both a new non-existent upgrade and the new Phantom drone.

And, I have the Phantom Pro 4 Plus. I don't use Litchi.... l did use it when I had the my Phantom 4.

It was great program. But, the issues with DJI warranty and coverage of any issues had me concerned. Of interest, when I got my DJI Phantom 4 + there was a controller problem and they replaced it for free. Litchi is a great program...but DJI does not like to provide warranty if you use Litchi.

I know, they will evaluate and determine if it is Litchi problem, but the Drone data will clearly show it is not an "approved" DJI program.

The Crystal sky on the DJI phantom 4 remote is great. No hooking up my tablet/cell phone.

Brilliant clarity.

No cables or added holders.

Sleek and clean.

1000 nits of screen brilliance and no other App conflicts.

Just my opinion.

The primary benefit of the + is brightness. If that's important to you consider the Samsung S8 with the P4P, same size screen as the + (maybe slightly larger) which is brighter than the + screen. The S8 has 1200nit brightness. Then you can run third party apps too and have the flexibility to upgrade to 7.9" Crystal Sky later with e P4P controller.

Remember, you cannot upgrade the P4P+ with a larger screen. With the P4P you can upgrade to the upcoming 2000nit 7.9"Crystal Sky screen, super bright.

Last edited:
Reactions: cneedelman
What you saw was a complete hoax based on a concept video DJI put out two years ago.
Don't believe a word of it.
Here's the video from two years back, it's all imaginary CGI effects.
There are no credible rumours of any new Phantom
the issues with DJI warranty and coverage of any issues had me concerned. Of interest, when I got my DJI Phantom 4 + there was a controller problem and they replaced it for free. Litchi is a great program...but DJI does not like to provide warranty if you use Litchi.

I know, they will evaluate and determine if it is Litchi problem, but the Drone data will clearly show it is not an "approved" DJI program.
Litchi is "approved". They are an authorised SDK developer.
In the event of an incident, if it can be shown that the incident was due to a DJI issue, DJI will give a warranty replacement or repair.

If it was caused by the third party software (which is very rare - I don't think I've ever seen it), DJI won't cover it, which is understandable.
The only potential problem is a situation where you lose the Phantom so DJI are unable to investigate the internal recorded flight data.
In that situation you would be out of luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing