P4P or P4P+?

We have had a dealer demo for a couple of weeks now and is extremely bight in full sun.
Oh nice, this sounds great. Can you tell me if that unit will also play video back, using the SD card from the craft using one of the CS slots, and output that out the HDMI connector? If yes, what's the maximum resolution it will play through the HDMI connector?

Being so bright, how long with a battery last? Can I get 6 flights (2hrs)?

$995/ea, right?

Oh nice, this sounds great. Can you tell me if that unit will also play video back, using the SD card from the craft using one of the CS slots, and output that out the HDMI connector? If yes, what's the maximum resolution it will play through the HDMI connector?

$995/ea, right?
According to DJI, yes you can play back from the SD card in the slot and output through the HDMI terminal.. Battery is supposed to last 4-5 hours. Resolution is not stated. I have the 5.5 and use the card slot to playback on the CS but have never hooked it up to HDMI to output to anything else yet. It comes with 2 batteries so you are covered for 6 flights easy

Last edited:

$995/ea, right?

It will play back video, and as already posted before this post price is $849. You can easily get 2 hours out of 1 battery. I will have to double check but I thought the HDMI output was at least 1080, maybe more. The specs say 3840 X 2160 but I will double check.
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/CrystalSky/20170706/Crystalsky_User_Guide_v1.2_multi.pdf

It will play back video, and as already posted before this post price is $849. You can easily get 2 hours out of 1 battery. I will have to double check but I thought the HDMI output was at least 1080, maybe more. The specs say 3840 X 2160 but I will double check.
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/CrystalSky/20170706/Crystalsky_User_Guide_v1.2_multi.pdf
Oh nice, I must of missed the price prior, its less than previously stated by DJI. Thanks for checking this playback mode. There's no mention of this function in the user manual. I went to my local DJI store in Costa Mesa and they apparently had never used the CS in that way for video playback. They didn't know for sure what the resolution capability was. As a quick detachable self power portable video player, that provides a nice capability to preview raw video from the craft, whether for personal or business purposes.

Last edited:
Crystal Sky Update! Added support for 3rd party apps! Now you can add 3rd party apps. This will change a lot of minds on owning a Crystal Sky! Check it out! Crystal Sky Firmware Update

Last edited:
Crystal Sky Update! Added support for 3rd party apps! Now you can add 3rd party apps. This will change a lot of minds on owning a Crystal Sky! Check it out! Crystal Sky Firmware Update
This is a good sign that DJI is getting the message how important third party apps are. I'm wondering how the apps are loaded, because previously they didn't have the Android Playstore app in Crystalsky to pay for apps and download them..

2000nit? Very nice. They aren't shipping that in the US yet. Are you sure you don't have the 1000nit which are currently shipping?

Since you have one, can that device play an SD card video taken from the craft and send the video out the HDMI port, as a video player? If yes, what resolutions will it play?

Noooo, definitely have the ultra in my photo you can see the "U" on the top right of the casing

Definitely too expensive for a monitor, you can side load apps now but they are limited in size....
Are you saying that apps cannot reside in an SD card in one of the SD slots? The data I read implied that one of those two SD slots is for memory expansion. Is this not true?

I have previously had a Phantom 3 advanced before getting the P4P+ in January. With my iPad 4 mini, sun shield & P3A I was never really happy about how well I could see the screen but when I jumped on the P4P+ I was very happy with the vast improvement in visibility of the screen and I was happy to choose a smaller screen instead of a larger, but harder-to-view &washed-out iPad. Other benefits include how quickly you can get flying, no cables between monitor & controller, less items to charge, dedicated screen instead of shared iPad/phone. I used litchi a little with the P3A but never felt totally at ease with the software so I would still prefer the P4P+.

Oh, and another benefit of the P4P+ is that the controller has a HDMI-out so is ready-to-go with DJI goggles or sometimes I hook it up to my TV and fly around the neighbourhood from my sofa/PC.

Reactions: Stan1915
Are you saying that apps cannot reside in an SD card in one of the SD slots? The data I read implied that one of those two SD slots is for memory expansion. Is this not true?
You can access the SD cards from within the settings menu but you can not record to or use apps on the SD cards at the present time. I have been told that this function may be available at a later date. What you can do is pull the SD card from the craft and view and create a video with the editor built in and then send it out through the HDMI port for viewing on a larger screen such as your HD television. Once you put your SD card from the craft in a slot you can put another SD card in the other slot and copy video or pictures over to the other card.

Reactions: mikag
You can access the SD cards from within the settings menu but you can not record to or use apps on the SD cards at the present time. I have been told that this function may be available at a later date. What you can do is pull the SD card from the craft and view and create a video with the editor built in and then send it out through the HDMI port for viewing on a larger screen such as your HD television. Once you put your SD card from the craft in a slot you can put another SD card in the other slot and copy video or pictures over to the other card.
This is something I've been curious about. What resolutions will the CS support playing through the HDMI out port from the SD slot? I assume it will do 1080 video output, what about 4K?

I have previously had a Phantom 3 advanced before getting the P4P+ in January. With my iPad 4 mini, sun shield & P3A I was never really happy about how well I could see the screen but when I jumped on the P4P+ I was very happy with the vast improvement in visibility of the screen and I was happy to choose a smaller screen instead of a larger, but harder-to-view &washed-out iPad. Other benefits include how quickly you can get flying, no cables between monitor & controller, less items to charge, dedicated screen instead of shared iPad/phone. I used litchi a little with the P3A but never felt totally at ease with the software so I would still prefer the P4P+.

Oh, and another benefit of the P4P+ is that the controller has a HDMI-out so is ready-to-go with DJI goggles or sometimes I hook it up to my TV and fly around the neighbourhood from my sofa/PC.
I like being able to take my CS off my P4P and use it on my Mavic. By using the CS I won't have to buy the HDMI module to go on my P4P controller. It was really night and day difference over my iPad Air 2 that I had been using.

This is something I've been curious about. What resolutions will the CS support playing through the HDMI out port from the SD slot? I assume it will do 1080 video output, what about 4K?
I've never tried it yet to find out. It does have 4K video decoding buit in so it may have 4K output through HDMI.

I've never tried it yet to find out. It does have 4K video decoding buit in so it may have 4K output through HDMI.
Well you're not alone. Seems nobody has tried that yet. If it does support playing 4K videos, that would be a slick way to show them on the big screen TV at a party or business function immediately after flying the area and recording it.

Well you're not alone. Seems nobody has tried that yet. If it does support playing 4K videos, that would be a slick way to show them on the big screen TV at a party or business function immediately after flying the area and recording it.
It looks good on my 52" in 1080P now. I might get dizzy if I could watch it in 4K!!:)

This might explain output on HDMI output. Copied from firmware update
  • Added high-resolution transcoding in the Editor to support video transcoding rates higher than 1080p into 1080p.

This might explain output on HDMI output. Copied from firmware update
  • Added high-resolution transcoding in the Editor to support video transcoding rates higher than 1080p into 1080p.
OK, so it sounds like it will play SD cards that have video recorded in 4K, but the output is always 1080 from the HDMI port. I was hoping the output could support 4K, but I would have been surprised if it did support 4K, I was just hoping and wishing. Maybe next year.

OK, so it sounds like it will play SD cards that have video recorded in 4K, but the output is always 1080 from the HDMI port. I was hoping the output could support 4K, but I would have been surprised if it did support 4K, I was just hoping and wishing. Maybe next year.
After further digging on DJI's site for CS in the FAQ section I just found this:

4. What are the ports on the CrystalSky monitor?

HDMI (3840 x 2160 output) This is 4K
Dual microSD card slots
Micro USB port
USB Type-C port
USB-A port

After further digging on DJI's site for CS in the FAQ section I just found this:

4. What are the ports on the CrystalSky monitor?

HDMI (3840 x 2160 output) This is 4K
Dual microSD card slots
Micro USB port
USB Type-C port
USB-A port
Oh man, there's hope! I might ask Santa for one of the ultra brights. If it really does play 4k out the HDMI port, I wonder why DJI doesn't make a bigger deal out of that feature. Am I the only one interested?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel