P4P or P4P+?

As I understand you need to fly to those points first before you can select them as waypoints.

Yes you do, but if you have a Crystalsky you can side load UGCS, not sure if you can do it on the P4P+

I didn't even know that existed. Regardless, it's $65US, around $90 extra for me. Are there any reviews on this, has anyone used it?

I didn't even know that existed. Regardless, it's $65US, around $90 extra for me. Are there any reviews on this, has anyone used it?

There is a free version, can't see a hobbyist using the paid features, e.g custom maps, ADS-B support, video and multi-drone support

Check out the differences in versions

UgCS

I just had a look. No video recording and restricted to only 500m out? I would think most people would want to record on missions.

I have a P4P+. At first I was a little frustrated and freaked as it would freeze when using some of the intel flight modes. I figured out how to remedy that. I would say that is a minus. However, after having flown it quite a bit...my instincts for getting it have bourne out. the conveniances (sp?).

Minus: - Occasional freezing in intel mode, which happens on tablets a bit.
- Cant use 3rd party flying systems etc.

Plus: - don't worry about cables being pulled out
- charge 1 - one - device before flying. That's it
- don't worry about the tablet being knocked off and falling down, coming off
- EASY to see - nice and bright
- a little small for some but not that bad.
- nice and portable , again nice and stable
- VERY easy playback, put in memory card and view
- easy HDMI cable connect to HD tv (port in back)
- view flights from other craft , Mavic, Spark
Great Playback Ability!
- easy to use with DJI googles, very easy.

These are what come to mind now. I recently was on a ferry returning from a trip with kids. It was SO nice to be able to carry the controller around and slip in the different crafts memory cards and watch the flights and look at the photos. Then home, plug it right into the HD tv..

I would say that for those that want different flight systems, consider an extra controller.

I finally committed. I just bought a used P4P for $1750 AU. It's done 1 hour flying and is in new condition. With extra battery, back pack and car charger. Should have it by the end of next week!!

Great Playback Ability!.....
...... It was SO nice to be able to carry the controller around and slip in the different crafts memory cards and watch the flights and look at the photos. Then home, plug it right into the HD tv..

Will the + controller playback 4K video from the drone's SD card and display it through an HDMI cable to a 4K TV?

That's what CrystalSky will do. I'm interested in the portable 4K player function from SD. I'm just curious if that's what your stating in your post.

I'd be interested in the HDMI output resolution, it's not stated anywhere.

Can the 1080p CS on the P4P controller output the full 4k.

If it's the same design as the standalone then it should be able to.

But because the standalone CS is detachable from the controller, it would have to be a better option for a unit that needs to be connected to a 4k display

Will the + controller playback 4K video from the drone's SD card and display it through an HDMI cable to a 4K TV?

That's what CrystalSky will do. I'm interested in the portable 4K player function from SD. I'm just curious if that's what your stating in your post.

--- sorry...dunno. I don't have a 4K tv. I think it would though,,
Being mobile and away from a tv though, it cannot be beat.

When deciding which to buy I saw the P4P+ as providing a full solution right out of the box but also as such it is boxed in an there are no options for using third party applications. The downside of the P4P is needing to own a tablet or smartphone.

When deciding which to buy I saw the P4P+ as providing a full solution right out of the box but also as such it is boxed in an there are no options for using third party applications. The downside of the P4P is needing to own a tablet or smartphone.
Besides the 3rd party app issue, the key advantage of a separate display on P4P is you have options. You can choose your display. iPad Mini4, iPadAir2 (good buys on those since it's discontinued), iPad, CrystalSky 1000nit, or 2000nit. With the P4P controller you can upgrade as you please, but with P4P+ you're stuck with a 5.5" display, no upgrade options. Many of the Go4 app overlays take up a lot of the FPV video space on that small 5.5" display on P4P+. Anyone spending that much money should spend another $200 and opt for the P4P with CrystalSky 7.9" 1000, or 2000nit ($500 extra), which is starting to ship now. This assumes they are OK with not using 3rd party apps. And if you did need to use 3rd party apps occasionally, use your phone and find a shade tree. You have options.

Last edited:
Besides the 3rd party app issue, the key advantage of a separate display on P4P is you have options. You can choose your display. iPad Mini4, iPadAir2 (good buys on those since it's discontinued), iPad, CrystalSky 1000nit, or 2000nit. With the P4P controller you can upgrade as you please, but with P4P+ you're stuck with a 5.5" display, no upgrade options. Many of the Go4 app overlays take up a lot of the FPV video space on that small 5.5" display on P4P+. Anyone spending that much money should spend another $200 and opt for the P4P with CrystalSky 7.9" 1000, or 2000nit ($500 extra), which is starting to ship now. This assume they are OK with not using 3rd party apps. And if you did need to use 3rd party apps occasionally, use your phone and find a shade tree. You have options.
Totally agree. To have to pay so much more and to have no options at all, whether it's 3rd party apps or larger screen is ridiculous. Like I've said before, DJI and Apple must be sleeping in the same bed

Totally agree. To have to pay so much more and to have no options at all, whether it's 3rd party apps or larger screen is ridiculous. Like I've said before, DJI and Apple must be sleeping in the same bed
Having owned a P4P+, I loved everything about it, except the small screen size and the horribly buggy Android software that it runs on. None of that has changed in almost a year. The iOS version of Go 4 will always be superior to any version of Android, simply because DJI's Android developers are second string, while the iOS team is top notch.

Yes but....the playback functions really are great. Also not having to worry about cables and your tablet and shade device, (hoodman etc.) flopping around. I flew my Mavic yesterday and the tablet holder broke...So... good and bad. Indeed the android system really should be corrected. But the physical part of the P4P++ is great.

Yes but....the playback functions really are great. Also not having to worry about cables and your tablet and shade device, (hoodman etc.) flopping around. I flew my Mavic yesterday and the tablet holder broke...So... good and bad. Indeed the android system really should be corrected. But the physical part of the P4P++ is great.
The P4P+ playback was limited to only 30fps, and when you are shooting at 60fps, that's only half speed, with no way to play it at full speed. Has that been changed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl