P4P just dropped from 90m - warranty claim?

I was flying today for a real estate shoot when my 2 month old P4P+ just simply dropped out of the sky - 90m height with no trees or reason. I always make sure the props & battery are secure as part of my pre-flight check. I'm a licensed pilot (called RePL here in OZ) so do this religiously.

It's smashed completely. How can I see if there was anything in the logs to show what the reason may have been, and can this be considered a warranty issue?

View attachment 89924

Possible battery issue, went critical, shut down power to propellers and forced landing? From that height VERY HARD landing? Had that issue at 50% battery power but I was only 2 feet off the ground...please let us know what final issue was...

What a shame I had to loose my P4 to an after market propellers I was using and one came off in flight over the lake. I bought a P4P+ in it’s place and it too I was lucky to save on its first flight went all crazy... disconnected from Gps and started floating away like in atti mode and sometimes spearing non responsive to controls. Managed to land without hurting anyone around and it went back to California for a brand new replacement. Crazy Drone this is, P4P scares me every time I fly it. I must get high blood pressure when I fly it. My regular P4 was over a year old and what a great Drone that was....
Sorry to hear your loss.
If anyone is getting rid of their P4 cheap, I’ll buy it.

What a shame I had to loose my P4 to an after market propellers I was using and one came off in flight over the lake. I bought a P4P+ in it’s place and it too I was lucky to save on its first flight went all crazy... disconnected from Gps and started floating away like in atti mode and sometimes spearing non responsive to controls. Managed to land without hurting anyone around and it went back to California for a brand new replacement. Crazy Drone this is, P4P scares me every time I fly it. I must get high blood pressure when I fly it. My regular P4 was over a year old and what a great Drone that was....
Sorry to hear your loss.
If anyone is getting rid of their P4 cheap, I’ll buy it.
It's interesting how personal experiences can jade a person's opinion. Although my P4 never crashed and did nothing strange, the range with the stock controller, even with Windsurfer, was sub par, compared to my P3P. I had to buy an Inspire controller to achieve decent and reliable flight range with my P4, similar to my P3P, about 3 miles in rural areas.

My P4P flies incredibly far, over 4 miles with Windsurfer, and to heights you wouldn't believe when climbing mountains. And then there's the 1" sensor camera, it's awesome. My P4P is absolutely incredible.

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
It's interesting how personal experiences can jade a person's opinion. Although my P4 never crashed and did nothing strange, the range with the stock controller, even with Windsurfer, was sub par, compared to my P3P. I had to buy an Inspire controller to achieve decent and reliable flight range with my P4, similar to my P3P, about 3 miles in rural areas.

My P4P flies incredibly far, over 4 miles with Windsurfer, and to heights you wouldn't believe when climbing mountains. And then there's the 1" sensor camera, it's awesome. My P4P is absolutely incredible.
Great to hear your experience and your right it does have a longer range then the P4 I’ve noticed too but I got to fly it very little since by the time I got my replacement it was middle of October and cottage about to close down and here in the city close to Toronto there are so many restrictions now their almost not worth it unless you can take them out of the city into the country out of sight almost from anyone cause you can’t be near homes, cars, people, animals etc., soon they’ll have it that only emergency personnel can use them. You know some Countries already band them all together. Takes a few to ruin it for everyone!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94