P4P just dropped from 90m - warranty claim?

I just posted about this in the General Forum : Why Phantoms fall out of the sky: I do talk about the Battery being loose or come ejected when going backwards in sport mode , but you also have pilot error of the sticks being pulled down. You should be able to see that in the logs, and yaw reports .

That's a strange one. Nothing amiss in the log until 145.3 seconds, at which point it starts to tumble, rolling right and pitching forwards. No power issues visible at this time. But 0.5 seconds later the log stops for no apparent reason.

I'm afraid I'd need to see the DAT file to draw any conclusions at all other than that I see no evidence of any pilot error in the txt log.

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File

That's a strange one. Nothing amiss in the log until 145.3 seconds, at which point it starts to tumble, rolling right and pitching forwards. No power issues visible at this time. But 0.5 seconds later the log stops for no apparent reason.

I'm afraid I'd need to see the DAT file to draw any conclusions at all other than that I see no evidence of any pilot error in the txt log.

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File

Great! My $1500 P4P (Replacement) is going to just drop from the sky someday for no reason. My "new" bird is 2 months old. I guess its due for a gravity check soon... disheartening.
I would forget the chat crap and call DJI support directly in California if you live in North America. They are open 7am to 5pm Mon. To Fri. Speak to a live person, they are very pleasant and helpful. You'll have a Drone replaced within 2 weeks, I had my replaced with a sealed brand new Box that was shipped to California from China ( DJI )
Still sealed then re packaged by California and sent to me here in Canada UPS. Mine was 4 days old and I survived and landed a crippled (technological) Drone safely without a scratch. They sent me a return Label and I paid nothing. They were to eager to get the Dronevoff my hands and a new one replaced.

I would forget the chat crap and call DJI support directly in California if you live in North America. They are open 7am to 5pm Mon. To Fri. Speak to a live person, they are very pleasant and helpful. You'll have a Drone replaced within 2 weeks, I had my replaced with a sealed brand new Box that was shipped to California from China ( DJI )
Still sealed then re packaged by California and sent to me here in Canada UPS. Mine was 4 days old and I survived and landed a crippled (technological) Drone safely without a scratch. They sent me a return Label and I paid nothing. They were to eager to get the Dronevoff my hands and a new one replaced.

Do you have a phone number for them?

You who have actually gotten their drone covered under their warranty are lucky indeed. First thing you get back from them is pilot error. In my case, my P4 flipped inverted and powered into the ground from 200 feet! No external circumstances at all. DJI said no warranty. I kept on for a month, still nothing. All I really wanted was to find out how it could have flipped over since they will immediate correct any level other than flat. Still they refused. Nothing I could provide them convinced them that it just occurred the way I stated. I paid the repair bill hoping to get my drone fixed and back soon. I even was able to follow the test, repair, test again, and shipping back to me, however the serial number changed at the shipping stage. I finally got them to admit that my original drone was not repairable and they sent me a new one! They still refused to explain why. Then, they asked for the flight logs, etc. None existed as that flight mysteriously was not recorded anywhere I could find. The immediate flight and the 4 flights after the crash were there but not the one of the crash! They then said there were no flight data information on the internal memory in the drone so they could (would) not honor the warranty. OK< so enough tried, got my new P4 in and guess what? Someone had taken off the four retainer springs that lock each propeller on the motor. I called immediately and was told I had to send in a video showing the missing parts!!!!! Even after that was done, still no replacements came in. ONLY after five more weeks and numerous phone calls and emails did I finally get them in. So, that alone proves to me at least that DJI cares absolutely nothing about their customer base. Apparently their markup is high enough and their new customer sales are enough to keep them growing without worrying about the all important repeat customers. So, all who got their warranty honored, you are fortunate indeed!

Thanks for reading all this again.
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: 1abPilot
You who have actually gotten their drone covered under their warranty are lucky indeed. First thing you get back from them is pilot error. In my case, my P4 flipped inverted and powered into the ground from 200 feet! No external circumstances at all. DJI said no warranty. I kept on for a month, still nothing. All I really wanted was to find out how it could have flipped over since they will immediate correct any level other than flat. Still they refused. Nothing I could provide them convinced them that it just occurred the way I stated. I paid the repair bill hoping to get my drone fixed and back soon. I even was able to follow the test, repair, test again, and shipping back to me, however the serial number changed at the shipping stage. I finally got them to admit that my original drone was not repairable and they sent me a new one! They still refused to explain why. Then, they asked for the flight logs, etc. None existed as that flight mysteriously was not recorded anywhere I could find. The immediate flight and the 4 flights after the crash were there but not the one of the crash! They then said there were no flight data information on the internal memory in the drone so they could (would) not honor the warranty. OK< so enough tried, got my new P4 in and guess what? Someone had taken off the four retainer springs that lock each propeller on the motor. I called immediately and was told I had to send in a video showing the missing parts!!!!! Even after that was done, still no replacements came in. ONLY after five more weeks and numerous phone calls and emails did I finally get them in. So, that alone proves to me at least that DJI cares absolutely nothing about their customer base. Apparently their markup is high enough and their new customer sales are enough to keep them growing without worrying about the all important repeat customers. So, all who got their warranty honored, you are fortunate indeed!

Thanks for reading all this again.
Jim
WA5TEF

Let them keep ignoring bad product cause when they start to drop out of the sky like yours did, they will eventually hurt someone on the ground. When that happens, it will eventually hurt their bottom line cause more regulations/Restrictions will result and the hobby will change to something else when it's not worth the trouble to fly and run (hide) from the law when doing so.

DJI is obviously aware that there are bugs in their code that can result in a crash and destruction of the drone. It is why they have the 12-month replacement program in place. If their aircraft were reliable and had failure recovery code then they would not need the program, nor would their customers.

Reminds me of when in the 1980's Chrysler started offering warranties that were twice as long as their competitors. It was the only way they could get people to buy the very unreliable cars that the company was making. The top management decided it was more profitable to provide the longer warranty coverage than to improve the quality and reliability of the vehicles.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94