Absolutely Fed-Up With DJI Support and Quality Control

Try relinking the RC to the AC.
I too had beeping like crazy on my P3A when I first got it. Not sure what I did that fixed it but it might have been an RC upgrade. Being new out of the box, didn't know all the status indications.

How do you you unlink?

Today is the 84th day since the initial incident brought the drone to the ground, and it's still not resolved. Now DJI is dicking around trying to figure out how to send out a replacement RC to the "new" one they sent last week ... which doesn't work. See it unfold in real-time right here: John King

Moving at the speed of DJI. Want to see the speed at which DJI support moves? After three months being polite, waiting in queues, getting refurb after refurb while being told they were new, I decide to hang the laundry in public and leverage social media. You would think with the eyes of many potential customers watching it would light a fire under them. Guess again. Here's the latest from the support pros at DJI: John King

Update: Day 86. I received the replacement remote control. So now, supposedly, I have a new remote and a new drone. I'll test over the weekend and report back.

Reactions: OOO
You are in better shape with DJI support than me. Back in Dec 2016 I sent them my flight logs they requested. Middle of January I email them and only get the automated "We received your email" message. Now in this past 2 weeks in March I have been in chat with them over 5 times. First time they wanted info from rc. I guess firmware data. I sent them that. Said they will email me with in 48 hrs. That time goes by and nothing. I chat again and again and again. I get the same answer every time. Sometimes waiting almost 20 minutes after "let me check for you." They tell me "We'll email you." Sorry their last reply was a little different. I could not contact tech dept or something in that order. "We will have to email you." I emailed again yesterday morning and no reply. Just their automated message.

They were giving me the same run-arounds which is why, after almost three months, I went the social media route. I posted here, on reddit, twitter, and on FaceBook. Facebook got their attention.

Please provide your case number via pm or email.
[email protected]

Hey Ken,

Thanks for stepping in. I've been working with Ed via Facebook and as of about an hour ago on day 88 I believe we have it all mostly resolved. I'll collect up my multiple case numbers if you like and email them to you along with emails I exchanged over the last couple of months with support managers and email them to you, if you like. The only outstanding problems at this point is what sounds like a louder/whinier than normal internal fan and a battery that came with the replacement drone that doesn't want to fire up. I believe Ed will take care of the battery on Monday. Here's the Facebook thread I started a few weeks ago when going through normal support channels was getting me nowhere fast: John King

Let me know if you'd like me to forward to you everything mentioned above in case you want to perform a postmortem.

John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1