DJI response on my P4P 2 that I had to send in.

Reaction score
I got an email yesterday from DJI Tech Support. My P4P 2.0 wasn't flying any faster than 18-20 mph, even in sport mode (should go up to 45 mph). I called them multiple times and they kept telling me to do a firmware upgrade using DJI Assistant 2. I reset it to it's original firmware and did the upgrades several time without any good results (still flying extremely slow). The email they sent me said "Dear customer, We regret that the service is not covered by warranty based on the results of data analysis". They didn't know what was wrong and asked me to send them my flight logs. Then it showed "We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received.". They want me to pay $153.00 for repair service and shipping fees. I called them back and told them that it flew very slow from the day I opened it up and I kept calling for assistance to no avail. They asked me if I had damaged it somehow and I let the tech guy know that I never dropped it or damaged it in any way. The only reason that I can think of for the poor performance is some type of pre-damage to the internal computer so I also mentioned that the central board has a 12 month warranty. The tech said he'd look into it and get back to me within 24-48 hours. If this is the way DJI treats their customers I may just stop buying from them. I ordered an extra $396.72 for extra batteries and props not to mention a $150 + case. I also own a Mavic Air and have 2 brothers who own multiple DJI drones (Inspire 2, Spark P4P Obsidian, P3P and another Mavic Air). This just pi*$#%s me off.

Reactions: Kirby Johnson
There are times when DJI support seems to wander off the edge of the table and fall into the Doritos bag. The 'official' DJI support forums are monitored by DJI employees who have, on occasion, managed to push things in the right direction. You might try that - no real downside.

I think that much of the issue is competence in English. That varies quite a bit from tech to tech and obviously can make a difference.

Another approach is to download the flight logs here. There are a couple of people on this board who have developed remarkable skills in understanding the complex telemetry that these things send out.

Thanks. I can't download the flight logs because I use a Crystal Sky monitor. It syncs the logs and sends them to DJI directly. I'm not sure how to get in touch with any of the DJI employees here. I may also try calling DJI and ask to speak with somebody other than a tech support rep.

Thanks. I can't download the flight logs because I use a Crystal Sky monitor. It syncs the logs and sends them to DJI directly. I'm not sure how to get in touch with any of the DJI employees here. I may also try calling DJI and ask to speak with somebody other than a tech support rep.

The flight logs on the CrystalSky are accessible - just connect the device to a computer via USB.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

I spoke with a tech rep a little while ago after receiving another email. He spoke with the repair dept. and they said that the reason was the battery compartment was damaged. When he spoke with me after that, he said that there wasn't any problem with the battery compartment. They still want the repair fee before repairing or replacing it. I asked to speak with somebody besides a tech rep so he let me talk to one of the managers. I asked her what the problem actually is and she spoke with the repair personnel and they still don't know. They hadn't taken it apart to check anything. I asked if she had seen the flight logs that I sent because it shows the dates of the flights, min and max speeds, etc... That's when I said if there had been damage to the battery compartment I wouldn't have been able to fly after the multiple firmware upgrades I ran. I then mentioned that the central board (internal computer) has a 12 month warranty on it. When I mentioned that I wasn't going to pay a repair fee ahead of time, not knowing if they can fix it or not (and that I don't want a refurbished P4P 2.0 when I purchased a brand new one), she said she'd have them run a flight and check to see what the problem is. I'm hoping that they're not just giving me the run around again.

I keep reading similar stories about DJI's service and can't say that I'm impressed. It reminds me of Canon. I sent them an S95 that appeared to have dirt inside the lens. They emailed me after they examined it and said I needed a new lens element, which would run about $200. I paid it. They sent the unit back and upon receipt I found the dirt was gone, but the camera wouldn't focus. I emailed Canon and they replied that I probably needed a new lens element, which would run about $200. I replied and reminded them that I just paid for that and they sent my camera back with a new problem and more specifically, a problem with the same part I had just paid to replace. They didn't care. $200. I junked the camera and just ate the $200 loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers