P4P+ IMU Calibration

Reaction score
Anyone still having IMU calibration issues? Received my P4P+ last Thursday and upgraded the firmware on both the aircraft and the remote. I get the IMU calibration error on the upper left of the screen so I go to calibrate and it does nothing. The calibration never goes beyond 1/6 calibrating. I have read through this forum as well as the DJI forum and tried everything that is recommended, including factory resets and downgrading/upgrading back to current software. I've tried to move the aircraft as stated in the instructions for calibrating the IMU and occasionally I will get to 2/6 calibrating, but it never goes beyond that. I am having a hard time getting a response in the DJI forum and getting a little more than frustrated that I spent this much money on a new drone and out of the box its not working. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

Getting IMU calibration is not difficult but is very critical to safe flying of your P4P. You got P4P+ which every one envies to have one, congrats. It is top of the line for phantom series.

First of all, you should make gimbal free of any materials that is used to support gimbal during shipping. See that it's free to move in all directions. Next you got to ensure that with the new FW installed, you are able to connect AC with RC and DJI shows the correct versions of all the SW/ FW versions.

If all above is ok then you are ready for calibrations.

Find a perfectly leveled platform, use 10-12" leveler to check the surface level. Ensure your P4P is in cold state. Next quickly connect RC with AC and start DJI Go 4 app and start IMU calibration. More you delay the start of the calibration more you heat the AC which is not good.

It should work for you unless there is some issue with your P4P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Getting IMU calibration is not difficult but is very critical to safe flying of your P4P. You got P4P+ which every one envies to have one, congrats. It is top of the line for phantom series.

First of all, you should make gimbal free of any materials that is used to support gimbal during shipping. See that it's free to move in all directions. Next you got to ensure that with the new FW installed, you are able to connect AC with RC and DJI shows the correct versions of all the SW/ FW versions.

If all above is ok then you are ready for calibrations.

Find a perfectly leveled platform, use 10-12" leveler to check the surface level. Ensure your P4P is in cold state. Next quickly connect RC with AC and start DJI Go 4 app and start IMU calibration. More you delay the start of the calibration more you heat the AC which is not good.

It should work for you unless there is some issue with your P4P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you for your quick response. I have tried everything you mentioned, including using a level to make sure the surface is level. The only thing I haven't tried yet is putting the aircraft outside (i live in N. Illinois) as some have mentioned in other threads just to get cold. I might have to initiate a return.

Thank you for your quick response. I have tried everything you mentioned, including using a level to make sure the surface is level. The only thing I haven't tried yet is putting the aircraft outside (i live in N. Illinois) as some have mentioned in other threads just to get cold. I might have to initiate a return.
Be aware that you will have to watch the prompts carefully on your screen. With the P4P you will be prompted to put the quad in all sorts of different positions according to prompts... i.e. back, sides, etc...

Reactions: sakumar
I'll second what Lucan said above. The IMU calibration procedure has changed and now you are required to position the P4P at different orientations as shown in the pictures in the DJI Go 4.0 app while it is calibrating the IMU. It is not very obvious that you're supposed to do that -- i.e. there is no beep or flash or text prompt -- the image on the left just changes silently. If you don't change the orientation as required, it will be stuck at 1/6 as you observed.

Jim Peterson, below is a demo showing how the calibration should be done. Is that what you're doing?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: RobertK and sakumar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.