P4 Pro plus controller

Reaction score
Is the P4Pro plus controller (the one with the integrated screen) compatible with all types of P4 drones? Am contemplating getting a plus controller as an extra backup for my regular P4Pro and I suppose the only difference is in the controller itself.
Anything to consider when switching controllers?

Is the P4Pro plus controller (the one with the integrated screen) compatible with all types of P4 drones?
It's compatible with all but the P4P V2.

Am contemplating getting a plus controller as an extra backup for my regular P4Pro and I suppose the only difference is in the controller itself.
Yes -- the only difference between the P4P and P4P+ is the remote controller.

Reactions: DFerguson
It's compatible with all but the P4P V2.

Yes -- the only difference between the P4P and P4P+ is the remote controller.

I've never tried using my P4P GL300F RC with my P4 craft. I always assumed it wasn't compatible since P4 doesn't support 5.8Ghz. Have you tried that, and it worked OK? Does link OK, then the app simply detects a P4 and not show 5.8Ghz?

I've never tried using my P4P GL300F RC with my P4 craft
You'll be able to connect it after configuring this setting in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Remote-Controller-Choose-Type-for-P4.jpg

I've got a P4P + v2.0 and the controller with the built in screen does not support 3rd party apps. So if you want to you GS pro or Litchi or something I don't think you are able to. I assume it would be the same for the P4P. That is the only negative thing I have to say about having a built in screen on the controller, for what its worth.

I've got a P4P + v2.0 and the controller with the built in screen does not support 3rd party apps. So if you want to you GS pro or Litchi or something I don't think you are able to. I assume it would be the same for the P4P. That is the only negative thing I have to say about having a built in screen on the controller, for what its worth.
No, bad assumption. It's not the same with P4P. The P4P is what you buy if you want to use third party apps. This has always been the case, whether you use Android or iOS tablets with your P4P controller.

No, bad assumption. It's not the same with P4P. The P4P is what you buy if you want to use third party apps. This has always been the case, whether you use Android or iOS tablets with your P4P controller.

Let me clarify my assumption was about the p4p+ not the v2.0 model, as I can only speak to the 2.0 as I have not owned or operated the non 2.0 version. The "plus" models as far as I know are the same drone but with the intergrated screen on the controller. The integrated screens for whatever the reason do not support 3rd party apps.

Last edited:
We’ve only used the controller for the P4P+. There are three obvious advantages: (a) the integrated screen is just that, integrated, and therefore problem free in our experience; (b) it’s really quick to set up and fly which is especially helpful in a pressurised situation - such as a fast-developing wildlife opportunity; (c) the screen itself is very sharp and bright, much better than a phone or pad in sunny outdoor conditions - including harsh lighting of the South African sunshine. With the benefit of one year’s experience, we’d get exactly the same thing again. Superb.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic