P4 Crashed uncontrollable spin

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
My P3 Standard did almost the same identical thing. It was hovering and then started a violent spin, tilted. I could not ever gain control. I was flying a couple nights ago in my cul-de-sac. It came down very fast and basically exploded on the asphalt. It hit so hard the battery cracked. I tried to communicate with DJI to see what they thought (via chat) and they just wanted me to "send it in so they could look at it." This was absolutely ridiculous as the whole thing is ruined, pieces all over the place. The gimble broke off, the propellers all broke. One of the shafts was broken and bent and the whole shell was cracked. It was a mess and I was picking up pieces all over. I had even given him the link to the log which I will provide here. It was not under warranty, so they didnt seem to care. I've seen videos on the internet that show the same exact occurrence. DJI knows **** well what happened and didnt want to tell me. The only thing I can see is magnetic interference, but it often says that.

HERE IS THE LOG

Last edited:
Update.....

Drone has been repaired by DJI for free.

Interestingly it's also my original drone that came back i.e same serial no.

They have repaired motors, gimbal & camera.

And the icing on the cake, they sent it back with a new P4+ battery. I only sent the bird and controller back as requested.

So well done DJI I am very happy.

Now if only they can sort out the android DJI go 4 app!

I had this happen twice back to back on my Phantom 4 and DJI replaced them both with 100% coupon.
Seems like magnetic Interference kicks you into atti mode and Yaw errors take over , the bird spins and flys away.

I know that death spin anywhere . lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain
Coal

I had this happen twice back to back on my Phantom 4 and DJI replaced them both with 100% coupon.
Seems like magnetic Interference kicks you into atti mode and Yaw errors take over , the bird spins and flys away.

I know that death spin anywhere . lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain
Coal

"100% Coupon" -- is that the warranty?
By the way, thanks for the reply. My conversation with the DJI associate was not great (through chat) and it seemed like he was just blowing me off by asking to send it in when he could easily look at the logs and see what happened.

"100% Coupon" -- is that the warranty?
By the way, thanks for the reply. My conversation with the DJI associate was not great (through chat) and it seemed like he was just blowing me off by asking to send it in when he could easily look at the logs and see what happened.

Yes you get 100% coupon in an email for the replacement of your drone.
With that said we had 15 emails back and fourth each email taking a full day for them to respond.
I was also on the phone with the agent that was assigned to me.

If you have the drone you do have to send it in, in my case it was two fly aways.

I had even given him the link to the log which I will provide here. It was not under warranty, so they didnt seem to care. I've seen videos on the internet that show the same exact occurrence.
Your flight data shows that at 1:22.2 your drone was almost hovering, only moving forward very slowly and things came unstuck.
It rolled quickly to one side and leaned back and started rotating anti-clockwise.
A fraction of a second later it was losing height.
It fell tumbling and spinning to the ground.
It's pretty clear from the data that the cause of the incident was the loss of either a motor or a propeller.
DJI knows **** well what happened and didnt want to tell me.
it seemed like he was just blowing me off by asking to send it in when he could easily look at the logs and see what happened.
If DJI looked at your flight data, they would see what I've told you above.
Since it was an old drone, long out of warrantythey aren't going to do that without payment.
But they would need to look at the internal data recorder to find out what caused the incident.
Without that, DJI have no idea whether there was a fault in one of the ESCs or a motor or if the nylon thread inside a prop broke or something else.

Reactions: Psummerbell
Your flight data shows that at 1:22.2 your drone was almost hovering, only moving forward very slowly and things came unstuck.
It rolled quickly to one side and leaned back and started rotating anti-clockwise.
It's pretty clear from the data that the cause of the incident was the loss of either a motor or a propeller.

Since it was an old drone, long out of warrantythey aren't going to do that without payment.
But they would need to look at the internal data recorder to find out what caused the incident.
Without that, DJI have no idea whether there was a fault in one of the ESCs or a motor or if the nylon thread inside a prop broke or something else.

Where in the Flight Data did it show the Magnetic interference , sorry that was for the guy with the Phantom 3 , my mistake.

In regard to a propeller -- I thought that as well. All the propellers were on it upon retrieval (broken, but on it).
Is it possible that the propeller came loose? That wouldnt make sense though b/c it was flying fine.

Thanks for your response(s) -- everyone.

I just had the same thing happen with mine but unfortunately it landed on the water and was not retrievable. Looking at the flight data on Airdata it shows just a seconds or 2 before it had 2 error messages of Not enough force/ESC error. Explained this to the gentleman on chat and was given a phone number then an email address for them to tell me that the drone was over a year old and they would be happy to sell me another. It seems as though this is a known issue from speaking with them and there solution is to sell another drone. Just my opinion though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94