P4 Available for pickup today at a lot of Apple stores

I wonder if the P4 will even be operable if it is picked up today, If the app is specific to the P4 and it has not been released yet. The leaked manual says the DJI GO app was designed specifically for the P4.
Won't be ready ( software ) till the 15th!!! Got my phantom 4 Friday and found this out only after getting it home!!

Won't be ready ( software ) till the 15th!!! Got my phantom 4 Friday and found this out only after getting it home!!
You don't need the app to fly. Transmitter and bird are already bound. Just use the transmitter completely. No FPV, but plenty of fun VLOS flying! Turn on the video and fly!

Are you suggesting the bird won't fly, using only the transmitter, until it is first registered?:confused:

Are you suggesting the bird won't fly, using only the transmitter, until it is first registered?
Correct. Didn't you register your P3 in the DJI GO app before arming the motors the first time?

Correct. Didn't you register your P3 in the DJI GO app before arming the motors the first time?
Thank you for the clarification. Since the app was already available when I received my first P3P, I used it, and registered in the app before flying.

However, I have naively assumed that since the app isn't needed to fly, that the in app registration was just a formality, and not a necessity. Thanks for clearing it up.

It's a bummer for those that already have their P4's in hand!:(

But, wait! One guy has already posted his first flight with his new P4!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic