P4 Available for pickup today at a lot of Apple stores

Reaction score
Well, if you check your zipcode on apple's website you can see if your local Apple store has stock of the P4. The Apple store closest to me didn't have stock but one 25 miles away has it available and ready to sell today.

DJI Phantom 4 Camera Drone

Apple SF CA has one but not going to buy one because of the tax. Ordered mine from DJI March 1. Tempting though argggg

I wonder if the P4 will even be operable if it is picked up today, If the app is specific to the P4 and it has not been released yet. The leaked manual says the DJI GO app was designed specifically for the P4.

I wonder if the P4 will even be operable if it is picked up today, If the app is specific to the P4 and it has not been released yet. The leaked manual says the DJI GO app was designed specifically for the P4.

haha , yeah i was wondering if i go to the apple store and cancel my DJI preorder will the app even work. that would be painfull have the P4 in your hands but no app to power it :(

Reactions: bradbrok
Let me save you a trip. Had one in hand and it would not let him ring it up. After 15 min he came back without it. Said he can't sell it till the 15th.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! oh man that must have been painful :( personally i might have cried like a whiney baby. if its any consolation i don't think the updated DJI GO to support the P4 is on the app stores yet

Buy it online then go in to pickup. I placed my order and then called when they said it was ready for pickup to confirm that they will give it to me. They said no problem.
799945bf4a5301b731e6604c3056461a.jpg

I'll be picking it up when I get off work.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I find it a bit odd that people who pre ordered are going to be the last people to get them. :| oh well.
Yes,extremely odd that they don't pre-ship the pre-orders so we have them before they arrive on retail shelves.........I can live with it but doesn't make any sense.

Yes

Reactions: bradbrok
Buy it online then go in to pickup. I placed my order and then called when they said it was ready for pickup to confirm that they will give it to me. They said no problem.
799945bf4a5301b731e6604c3056461a.jpg

I'll be picking it up when I get off work.

Yes, apparently, that is the only way to get one early. It's clearly an unintended loophole that hasn't been plugged yet in the well designed system to prevent release before March 15, the Official release date. I had 3 in my Apple online shopping cart today, available for immediate pickup at a local store, which had already confirmed they had 3, and would have them ready for me. I did a catch and release. :D

Reactions: Sinisalo
Yes, apparently, that is the only way to get one early. It's clearly an unintended loophole that hasn't been plugged yet in the well designed system to prevent release before March 15, the Official release date. I had 3 in my Apple online shopping cart today, available for immediate pickup at a local store, which had already confirmed they had 3, and would have them ready for me. I did a catch and release. :D
it is closed now, there isn't even a link for store pickup anymore.

Ughh. 9 hours before I was going to order, and the opportunity is lost

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI will not be happy with Apple over this breach.
A mistake or another one of DJI's genius marketing experiments? You decide :)

They will not work until the 15th when I go software is updated

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj