P3Std Flip/Spin-Flip on Launch

Reactions: JoBe and KC5BRZ
Reactions: JoBe
Off the 1st Amazon link above :

Are the screws included with the motors?

Answer:
Yes
By BMurphy71015 SELLER on July 9, 2017

Theirs lots of ideas here as what to use to lock them motor screws tight...you sure can't use blue loctite....its damages the plastic..and one guy merely suggested a short piece of 4lb fishing line in the hole to add friction to the threads..JUST Not too deep in hole.................. and tighten them slightly then snug........THEN STOP ! and in a criss cross pattern !

Off the 1st Amazon link above :

Are the screws included with the motors?

Answer:
Yes
By BMurphy71015 SELLER on July 9, 2017

Theirs lots of ideas here as what to use to lock them motor screws tight...you sure can't use blue loctite....its damages the plastic..and one guy merely suggested a short piece of 4lb fishing line in the hole to add friction to the threads..JUST Not too deep in hole.................. and tighten them slightly then snug........THEN STOP ! and in a criss cross pattern !

I thought the motors were metal. The screws thread into the motor base. The arms areas plastic, so I can see where too tight there might crack the mounting holes.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
So 2 new (I think new) motors from Amazon, but they had some sticky residue on top of the motor I cleaned off. Also had a little of the retaining rubber adhesive on the ends of the leads like they'd been removed from another unit. But anyway...test run on idle and they spin up like normal.
Now I need to get some new motor screws, recalibrate and go for a test flight.
I think I'm going to order the motor mount plates for the arms. I noticed a few more stress fractures as I was doing this repair.
We shall see...

So 2 new (I think new) motors from Amazon, but they had some sticky residue on top of the motor I cleaned off. Also had a little of the retaining rubber adhesive on the ends of the leads like they'd been removed from another unit. But anyway...test run on idle and they spin up like normal.
Now I need to get some new motor screws, recalibrate and go for a test flight.
I think I'm going to order the motor mount plates for the arms. I noticed a few more stress fractures as I was doing this repair.
We shall see...
I'm sure we all want to hear how the fix / repairs went and that you have got the quad back in flying mode . so let us know on this message thread !

OK. Maiden flight. LOTS of wireless interference warnings.
Felt like I was going to get flyaways on the three short hops.
It was very unstable and would not maintain location. On launch it would take off and climb to about 50 feet and then start to drift all over.
S1 was in full up position and it seemed like it did not want to land. S2 was in the center.

Here is the screen from my phone. You can't tell much of the instability from this video, but I was very nervous.

It was kind of windy, so this may have contributed to the sketchiness of the flight.

But hey, it's a least launching and not flipping over.
Figuring out how to keep it smooth and stable is next.

Not an expert. My "Raptor" acted the same way.

It started with an erratic flight. Acted like it as fighting wind gusts. but still flyable.

I landed safely. Checked everything. Could not do a compass calibrate. Tried to fly again and it did the back flip upon takeoff.

Did a bench test without props and acted just like yours as to motor rotation and lack thereof.

I finally got the compass calibration successfully and that fixed the problem.

just saying.

Yeah, I'm thinking I need to go to the desert to get a good compass calibration. Way too much interference in the neighborhood.

Reactions: ArmyVet
do you still have any prior damaged props on it.....even with a slight scratch from concrete that scratch or scratches is enough for flight instabilities ! ..and also will cause vibrations to make the pods crack.you dont want that ...in my early flights i damaged my props by the wrong shut down method and when i flew....it was erratic when hovering ! so check props and let us know what you did !

Yes, I flew yesterday with the damaged props. I have a new set I will be putting on today and trying again. Is there a faster shut down other than simply pulling the throttle stick all the way back to the lock position? I still can't land worth anything.

IF.......you have pod stress cracks...a damaged prop will rapidly accelerate the cracks to bigger ones !...See a few OR only one damaged prop with cause a out of balance in the lift of the drone...THEN the gps systems / flight stability systems has to compensate for this and the quads not going to be " Stable " ! "Bottom LINE never fly with damaged props"....that's asking for trouble ! Run props to snug and then a very slight more !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT