P3S lift transport and delivery 1 mile

I have not went that far with carrying things.
But I did strap a bottle of Coors Light to my P3S and flew it to the neighbor down the street and landed in his back yard. He removed the beer and waved to me at the camera and I restarted the drone and brought it home. Now granted, I didn't go very far but it did carry the beer to him.

Just in case one of us runs out and needs a beer and we are too lazy to go to each others house...LOL, it will work.

Don't know how much the bottle of beer weighed, and I want to say I flew about 750 feet to his house. Pretty much line of sight, but I had no problems doing it.

Mike

I have not went that far with carrying things.
But I did strap a bottle of Coors Light to my P3S and flew it to the neighbor down the street and landed in his back yard. He removed the beer and waved to me at the camera and I restarted the drone and brought it home. Now granted, I didn't go very far but it did carry the beer to him.

Just in case one of us runs out and needs a beer and we are too lazy to go to each others house...LOL, it will work.

Don't know how much the bottle of beer weighed, and I want to say I flew about 750 feet to his house. Pretty much line of sight, but I had no problems doing it.

Mike
Did you catch it on film ? [emoji16]

I've been dabbling with delivery loads on my P3 Pro ever since I installed the UBuyWeRush drop device last summer:

Phantom 3 & 4 All Version Payload Release (Nightglow Edition)

The drop device works as advertised. However, the drop is activated by a photodiode which I don't see how you could activate it with a Litchi mission? I never used Litchi but is there a way to program the rear LEDs to turn on/off at a specific waypoint? If so, then my device would work for your project.

As far as weight, I can carry a 1-lb. payload fairly easy but I will get a "Motors Overheated: Propulsion Limited" warning in the GO app after about 10 minutes of flight time on a warm day. I also tried a 2-lb. payload and my P3P will still lift it but I get the overheat warning after about 5 minutes of flight. So it really all depends on total weight of 2 cans of soda. Also have to add in aggravating factors like wind and "pendulum" effect of soda cans swinging from a string while the drone is in flight.

My best suggestion is to find a really large flat field that is like a mile in length and just make some test runs with your payload. That will give you a good idea on when the overheat warning comes on at what distance and that should tell you if a Litchi mission out to 1-mile is feasible or not.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor