Reaction score
I was flying down a path in between trees when my drone lost GPS the wind took it and it flew into a tree. Luckily I wasn't flying too high but the crash ripped both the wifi antenna wires apart that attach to the gimbal. Has anyone got any advice on replacement antennas. Am I correct in thinking these antennas are 2.4ghz? If there are antennas out there that would increase my flying distance that'd be great.

Attachments

• 1467126118699.jpg
    1467126118699.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 495
I was flying down a path in between trees when my drone lost GPS the wind took it and it flew into a tree. Luckily I wasn't flying too high but the crash ripped both the wifi antenna wires apart that attach to the gimbal. Has anyone got any advice on replacement antennas. Am I correct in thinking these antennas are 2.4ghz? If there are antennas out there that would increase my flying distance that'd be great.
Hi any luck with the antenna? I have the same issue, I managed to re attach them but have very limited camera view. I have heard that there is a mod for an external antenna but can't find much on the subject.
Cheers Danny

I have the same problem. The wires broke and one of the connectors broke loose anybody have a solution to reattaching the copper connection and splicing the wires? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would remove the top shell and see what you can do to replace the cable. This is a wonderful opportunity to improve the antennas on your bird. See youtube for help.

Having same issue. YouTube no help. The wifi antennas for the aircraft seem to be out of stock everywhere. I tried to recrimp the push on connectors, but they won't hold, very brittle. These are the connectors that attach to the gimbal. Can't find the connectors anywhere either. If there is a way to upgrade to an external antenna, I'm open to ideas. Seems there is one, but only works on P2.

Reactions: RubiconLon
Same thing happened to me. I thought about upgrading my remote to an argtek and use the wifi antennas in the rc to replace the a.c. 2.4ghz antennas.

But Then I ran into these 2 external antennas with ufl connector pigtails on Amazon and just got them this afternoon. Going to try and retrofit them this weekend and see how it works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VHDXSSU/ref=psdcmw_3015438011_t1_B01KBU61S8

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app
You get anywhere on this. I was thinking the same deal, this'll is what the guy with the P2 did. If it works, im ordering.

The exact same thing happened to me, lost GPS wind took it and crashed hard. As a result I need to replace the drone antenna wires. Can't find them anywhere. Hate to think my drone is now useless because a simple part is unavailable. If anyone can post a solution for a Phantom 3 standard. That would be welcome-Thanks in advance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic