P3S Weak Controller Signal After Crash

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had my P3S since they were first released and its been a really good drone. Unfortunately, I had my first crash last week and it was a pretty bad one. I was trying to get the perfect shot on a job site and got too close to a tree. The drone clipped a branch and fell probably 25 feet I would say. Now I'm getting the Weak Controller Signal error. I can still connect to the wifi on the drone and see FPV through the camera but I cant fly it and the latest firmware update fails. I took the top off of it and checked the two antenna connections on top of the motherboard and they are still connected. I traced the two wires down to the legs and I dont see any breaks in the antennas. Any ideas what else i should check? Are there more than just the two antennas that go from the feet to the top of the main board? I work in the electronics repair industry and have extensive soldering experience so I'm not scared to tear into it further just looking for some advice/guidance. Thanks in advance for your help!

If you slide the battery out of the drone you will see a white flat square antenna on the right with a black wire coming from it and on the left behind the power connector you will see another with a gray wire those black and gray wires come though the front bottom of the shell and plug into the top of the gimbal mainboard. Sometimes during a crash those wires could get severed or pulled away from their connections. Maybe reseat the ribbon cable that plugs into the main board also. Sometimes the connectors pull out. I know you said you get fpv but its still worth a look.

Reactions: Reconeyes
The inside core of the antenna coax is very light and small in diameter. It can easily get severed or pulled apart while not being noticeable.

Have you tried relinking the remote to the aircraft?
It could so many things, do the motors run? I’m thinking maybe ESC or motor failure. It could be a bad solder that got jolted and still looks connected.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl