P3S Firmware

Upgraded my P3S. Make sure all devices with battery fully loaded as it took 25 minutes or so of loud beeps. Useful to have wifi for downloading the firmware. Switching between wifi and RC take little effort but everything else went well.
My P3S flew further without video interruptions. Helps too with switching off my AirPort Extreme nearby. My guess mostly improvements under the hood.
Note that if you have not been updating the device for long, may have to do upgrades more than once with different batteries that you got. Something to do with temperature detection feature in previous upgrade.
That's just my view. The risk is still on you. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I tried the update last night not thinking twice and on the app on my iPhone 6S Plus it froze at 50%. Shut the bird down then turned it back on and I got the super loud beeping. I could let it sit there and beep because my kid was sleeping and my wife would have gotten passed I'm sure so today when I get home I'm going to power it up and let it sit there and beep for 25min or am I screwed all around? Any of this have anything to do with needing to update the RC first? Any suggestions would be helpful and much appreciated...

I saw the message to update again, this time to 1.4.60. What's different about this update that wasn't fixed on the last one last week?

So I tried the update last night not thinking twice and on the app on my iPhone 6S Plus it froze at 50%. Shut the bird down then turned it back on and I got the super loud beeping. I could let it sit there and beep because my kid was sleeping and my wife would have gotten passed I'm sure so today when I get home I'm going to power it up and let it sit there and beep for 25min or am I screwed all around? Any of this have anything to do with needing to update the RC first? Any suggestions would be helpful and much appreciated...

I don't think the remote needs to be first.

Do take a look at what is on your SD card.

Erasing a certain file my help you out, I won't be able to look at mine tell I get home.

Look at this link from the past.

DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom 3 Standard

can you downgrade the firmware? a friend of mine are having troubles whit the last firmware he use android and connect the phone whit the phantom its very hard, lots of attempts and wen its connected it says poor conection wen the controller its at his side... and the lag in the video its terrible.. we try in 2 devices moto x and note 4 and the same whit both of them .... wen we try in an ipad mini 2 every thing was perfect.... and all of this starts whit the new firmware..

Reactions: djrock725
I have been watching the problems with P3S after firmware updates since August and so far that has been a big nope.

So just an update got it loaded. Deleted everything off the SD card then ran the Dji app and pushed the firmware had the loud obnoxious beeping for about 20min and it said completed successfully have not took flight yet but will here in a few...

can you downgrade the firmware? a friend of mine are having troubles whit the last firmware he use android and connect the phone whit the phantom its very hard, lots of attempts and wen its connected it says poor conection wen the controller its at his side... and the lag in the video its terrible.. we try in 2 devices moto x and note 4 and the same whit both of them .... wen we try in an ipad mini 2 every thing was perfect.... and all of this starts whit the new firmware..

I had no luck with my android based nvidia shield k1 either when trying to update the Dji firmware so I had to use my iPhone....

I am a newbie to the Phantom but have been flying NAZA M v2 successfully for 2+years. I have a P3Pro purchased 3wks ago - it came with Firmware v 1.4. I bought an iPad Mini3 and downloaded the latest DJI Go app - normally I would not download new firmware until it is tried and tested. Decided on this occasion to get the latest FW which was only a couple of days old v1.7.00. I ran into many of the problems noted above. Could someone who has uploaded the latest versions and is flying successfully verify that what I am seeing in my ABOUT screen is in fact the correct firmware for the Ph3Pro to date?

App 2.7.1
Aircraft 1.7.60
RC 1.5.80

I am new to forums too and can find nowhere on the site as to how to post a new thread - which must be easy When You Know How! Apologies for tagging this into this thread.

My P3s is about 4 months old, I have only done 2 firmware updates (now 1.2.40) and never had any range issues, flew 1850m (stock) the other day. So i guess I wont be updating!

Decided to "bite the bullet" and update my P3s with latest firmware...bird and remote both a success!! yeah...I will do a cold
calibration in the morn and take the bird for test flight to see if all ok..

Trying to update to firmware 1.5.70. Aircraft gets to 4% then fails many many times. Stuck with the loud beeping. Sometimes now it shows poor signal or says that I have an Inspire. Grrr..

JTC if you still have loud beeping...turn everything off reformat sd card and try again making sure you select phantom 3 standard in the dji go app menu and let it do its thing!

JTC if you still have loud beeping...turn everything off reformat sd card and try again making sure you select phantom 3 standard in the dji go app menu and let it do its thing!
I changed from using my Galaxy Tab A to my S5 for the update and it worked! When I was using the Tab, it was very unstable regarding the Go App. it would rapidly go from the picture of an Inspire to the Phantom. So in any event, it finally worked. I will be very hesitant to update in the future.

About five months I think.

I started off with only a 200 meter range. With some help, I found a bad connection on the main antenna, sorted that out and got an instant 1km range and was looking to improve on that but since the upgrade I'm lucky to get 400 meters.

Never had any video downlink problems either previously. :(

was the connection problem on the RC side or the aircraft?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20