Newbie and Need Help with Firmware Updates

Reaction score
New to drones. DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Android Tablet for DJI GO (latest version). I believe the drone is at 1.2.40. I know is was purchased last December and sat for a year before I got it. When I try to update firmware, I get "Failed to Download Update Package" I assume I might need to do the update in steps but have no idea how. I did format SD card. AC will spin and fly as is but I am too new to know what problems or limitations I may experience. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Try connecting to a different Internet connection (if another connection is available) and retry the download. And, if you're using a mobile device that has a cellular connection (e.g. a mobile phone), turn off Wi-Fi and attempt to download the update via the cellular connection (or vice versa).

New to drones. DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Android Tablet for DJI GO (latest version). I believe the drone is at 1.2.40. I know is was purchased last December and sat for a year before I got it. When I try to update firmware, I get "Failed to Download Update Package" I assume I might need to do the update in steps but have no idea how. I did format SD card. AC will spin and fly as is but I am too new to know what problems or limitations I may experience. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

If it flies as is I wouldn't update.

Reactions: Oso
If it flies as is I wouldn't update.
Exactly. If it aint broke dont fix it. Wait until you have some flying experience. And read the upgrading techniques here and feel comfortable with them before attempting an update.

Reactions: Phill2
Thanks for the help!. I used my wife's iPad (on the same network) and it worked like a charm. It might be just me the in DJI GO for iPad seems to be smoother than the one for Android.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl