P3P or P3A?

• P3P - 4K

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • P3A - 2.7K

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time reader first time poster!

So I'm looking to buy a P3 very soon and I have researched each edition of the P3 for over a month or so now. I was set on the P3P due to the 4K camera as I see it as future proofing! I live in Australia so the price difference between the P3P and P3A is $400. But as of yesterdays announcement of improved camera of the P3A will be able to capture 2.7K footage, so is the 4K worth it for an extra $400? Or is 2.7K more than enough?

I am only going to use to for personal use at the moment so let me know what you guys recommend! Also vote above :)
Thanks

Last edited:
I bought the Pro about 2 months ago but if I knew the Advanced model was getting 2.7K I would have probably went with that and saved €300.

I bought an p3a with extra battery instead of getting the p3p for more flight time and really dont think I need 4k for personal use as well.

Get the advanced there is absolutely no reason to spend another $400 just to have gold stickers and 4k on the camera, yes the quality is better but really how much better! If you have a 4k computer/laptop and 4k tv you would benefit but i really dont think its worth it, america had the better deals with the P3A and P3P Australia and UK got robbed with the exchange rate save your bucks bud, thats my 2 pennies worth anyway!

Download a 65 megabits per sec true 4k file. Play it back on your pc. Now try and edit the video. If you pass the test then get 4k.

Will do :)

Future proofing and hitech electronic gadgets don't really go together.
Next year's P4 could do to the P3 what the P3 did to the P2.
Get what's good for you now.

I was more talking about future proofing in terms of capture quality. In the next couple of years, 4K will be more common and 1080p or 2.7K might not be the 'best' or optimal. I don't really want to upgrade a $2000 drone every year or two so spending that little more now to skip a couple of versions later on will be ideal!

Get the advanced there is absolutely no reason to spend another $400 just to have gold stickers and 4k on the camera, yes the quality is better but really how much better! If you have a 4k computer/laptop and 4k tv you would benefit but i really dont think its worth it, america had the better deals with the P3A and P3P Australia and UK got robbed with the exchange rate save your bucks bud, thats my 2 pennies worth anyway!

Yer that sounds good! I don't know how much that extra $400 will go especially with 2.7K on the P3A.

Reactions: III% Streve
Will do :)

I was more talking about future proofing in terms of capture quality. In the next couple of years, 4K will be more common and 1080p or 2.7K might not be the 'best' or optimal. I don't really want to upgrade a $2000 drone every year or two so spending that little more now to skip a couple of versions later on will be ideal!

Yer that sounds good! I don't know how much that extra $400 will go especially with 2.7K on the P3A.
That's exactly why I bought the Pro.

Future proofing and hitech electronic gadgets don't really go together.
Next year's P4 could do to the P3 what the P3 did to the P2.
Get what's good for you now.
That sounds like the kind of logic an Apple user would depend on! I couldn't disagree more! If you were going to build a computer today... Would you buy the most economical parts and build again next year? Or do you spend as much as you can afford on the best of the best on some parts to future-proof? I VERY capably run my Q9650 from only a few days after its release, to about 8 months ago. And backed it up with the best video cards on the market. That computer STILL runs circles around most factory built machines today.. Because I Future-Proofed it! That processor was release in August of 2009!

Reactions: Man.Of.Kent
I was going ourchase the P3A until I shopped around and found some really great prices online for the pro and ended up locating a great bundle deal with a lot of extras you need for the same price as the pro itself. Go for what best suits you and your needs I've always gone for the best I can afford but that isn't always the best idea.

I bought a P3A because the standart today is 1080P, my pc is not very capable Of editing in a good flow 4K vídeos and also because 4K from P3P isnt that good. Also dont expect to have perfect 2.7K in the P3A, since it probably a software made upgrade and probably the bandwid is low for 2.7K.

The money diference i got my self another batery.

P3A and very happy with it.....

There are already some TV`s with 8K....so like someone above said.....go for the best for now..

Happy buy, and most at all, enjoy!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441451641.928715.jpg

Isn't true 4k around 100 Mbps ?

The phantom 3 does 60 to 65 mbs @ 30fps.... 100mbs could be 4k 60fps...

To be honest. .. i dont think there is a standard to 4k..

and also because 4K from P3P isnt that good.

Says the guy probably viewing and editing on a $100 walmart monitor. The Phantom and Inspire are used for some production work because of their versatility and quality of video. There is no better 4k in the air under $5000

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Poundofnuts
Buy the pro and don't look back. If you want to upgrade every year, then buy the advanced. Either way both models are great, but nothing compares to the 4k video put out by the pro. Simply stunning to say the least.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31