Advanced 2.7K and Pro 4K barrel OD Help

Reaction score
I would really appreciate someone(s) with machinist calipers checking the OD on the camera barrels of the P3A 2.7K and P3P 4K.

Please include a rough date when your drone was made/purchased. I've got a data gathering project and I want to check the numbers against my P3S 2.7K. Get as many significant figures as you can.

Thanks

I would really appreciate someone(s) with machinist calipers checking the OD on the camera barrels of the P3A 2.7K and P3P 4K.

Please include a rough date when your drone was made/purchased. I've got a data gathering project and I want to check the numbers against my P3S 2.7K. Get as many significant figures as you can.

Thanks
Here's my 2 cents worth on data collection. I currently have 2 dozen, yes dozen Pro 4K and Adv 2.7 K cameras and checked as many as I could , before I realized I was getting a lot of duplicate numbers. I repair DJI cameras and happen to have been a plastics cavity mold maker in my younger days, so I am very comfortable with dial calipers and micrometers.

Bottom line is, in measuring the threaded portion of the camera module/barrel, I got numbers ranging from 1.172 to 1.177 thousands of an inch in diameter. Some were slightly oval, perhaps from a crash, (that's why there is no lens cover/ring anymore). I have no way of determining manufacturing dates, but at least it's data that might be helpful. Most barrels were in the 1.175 range. Manufacturing tolerances can vary based on many factors, I.E., single V.S. multiple manufacturing sources, multiple molds, environmental manufacturing temps which can be affected by day, swing or night shifts, (water availability during different times of day effect mold cooling temps). These barrels appear to be anodized after the threads are machined, so there can be variations in threading tolerances and anodizing processes. Needless to say, with all the potential variations, they seem to be a very accurate electro-mechanical device, especially for all the abuse they get.
Hope this helps a little.
Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik