Which do you preffer?

• XIaomi 4k

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Phantom 3

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I got asked this question a lot of times since I got my Xiaomi 4k a few months ago and I finally decided to make a comparison between it and the Phantom 3.

Phantom 3 is a pretty old model by now, but god **** it still is very relevant as an amazing camera drone on the market.

However I was absolutely blown away by the new XIaomi 4k drone, especially considering it's like $400-$500 new.

I have made a youtube video comparing the two: XIaomi 4k vs DJi Phantom 3

Camera

In terms of camera, what I didn't say in the video is that I feel that the Phantom 3 video has a little bit more detail in the shadows. What do you think?

I was amazed that the XIaomi got an update that makes the camera record 2.7k in 60p and 100p FULLHD.

They are both very stable when it comes to the gimbal, so there's not a problem.

I like the colors on the Xiaomi a little better directly from the camera as they feel more vivid.

I recommend you watch the video for a fair comparison.

Transmitter
The xiaomi has a smaller "x-box style" controller which is considerably smaller. I think I like the sticks on the Phantom a little bit more, but I would pick the xiaomi one anyway.

What do you think guys? Is the $200+ worth it for getting a phantom?

Interesting video. I will point out you cannot buy a new P3A anymore. The closest model would be the P3SE that sells for $599. The parts availability, the Go app & third party apps for the Phantom series tips the scale in its favor. Also, it appeared the camera setting on the P3A in your video was set to LOG which makes the footage look flat so it can be tweaked in post editing. Changing the Phantom to the vivid or normal setting would have yielded results closer to the Xiaomi.

Thanks a lot for the heads up. I realised the picture was in LOG, but left it that way to emphasise the fact that Xiaomi can't have such a flat color profile. But I probably should have made a comparison with them having similar colors too, hah.

There are models of all Phantom 3 for sale on amazon still. But I agree, the Phantom 3 SE is probably the better option.

Thanks a lot for the heads up. I realised the picture was in LOG, but left it that way to emphasise the fact that Xiaomi can't have such a flat color profile. But I probably should have made a comparison with them having similar colors too, hah.

There are models of all Phantom 3 for sale on amazon still. But I agree, the Phantom 3 SE is probably the better option.
The flat LOG profile is desired by many videographers due to the large file and more options for later editing and color correction. It seems it would be fair to use a similar setting when showing a comparison. Someone unfamiliar with the settings would assume the DJI had poor video color when in reality the camera is of decent quality. I will admit though, the Xiaomi is impressive.

I have not been happy with DJI overall lately, but do they have Lightbridge that has been awesome and at least till now an industry leader. Im really curious on the "real" capability of the Xiaomi with further testing to distance and signal loss.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub