P3P Live View Issue

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me or point me in the right direction. I'm having an issue with my Phantom 3 Pro where the live view (video transmission) is no longer working. Everything else seems to be working fine. I’m able to fly line of sight with no problems. I can also take photos and videos with no issues.

I have tried 3 different devices
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet (worked fine in the past)
- iPhone 6

I have also tried 2 different SD cards
- Panasonic micro SDHC 16gb
- Micro Center micro SDXC 64gb

Samsung App Ver: 3.1.28
Drone Firmware: 1.11.20
Remote Firmware: 1.9.2

Check the Gimbal ribbon cables and make sure they are firmly seated and are not damaged. Also you can try another USB cable if you have not done so already.

Check the Gimbal ribbon cables and make sure they are firmly seated and are not damaged. Also you can try another USB cable if you have not done so already.

Thanks Fly Dawg for the quick reply. Unfortunately no luck. I tried a different USB cable and I double checked the ribbon cable. Everything looks fine and seated properly. I even have up\down control of the gimbal.

Last edited:
So, is it safe to assume that you are not getting an "Image Transmission" error message? You did not mention it. Otherwise I would suggest a bad gimbal board, but have never seen one without the error message.

Reactions: Oso
So, is it safe to assume that you are not getting an "Image Transmission" error message? You did not mention it. Otherwise I would suggest a bad gimbal board, but have never seen one without the error message.
I agree. I would expect to see the "No Image Transmission" message that is reported so often here. All of the reported symptoms noted by the OP seem to align with that gimbal board error.

Probably the same as you did, I suspected this as soon as I saw the thread title. Hopefully its something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Propably fried NAND chip next to DaVinci DPS processor on gimbal control board, DaVinci is unable to boot,
therefore no live video transmission.

Replace gimbal control board - recommend to use Advanced isntead of Professional, it only record 2.7K video,
but there is no DaVinci DSP and no NAND which can be fried by powering the drone on table for 30+ minutes.

Replace gimbal control board - recommend to use Advanced isntead of Professional, it only record 2.7K video,
but there is no DaVinci DSP and no NAND which can be fried by powering the drone on table for 30+ minutes.
You may want to reconsider that. Do you really know trouble shooting processes? Always eliminate the initial variables before proceeding to replace anything. Those are last resort. It may well be confirmed that it is a gimbal board, but you start from the obvious easier solutions. Not the other way around. And powering on a table as you said it is obvious to me why that would cause a problem. This is not just for Drones but in ALL areas of trouble shooting, regardless of the item involved.

Reactions: JoBe
Propably fried NAND chip next to DaVinci DPS processor on gimbal control board
I apologize for my last post, to a certain extent. It just gets under my skin when people come to immediate conclusions without considering other factors that could be involved.

Its easy to verify if its really bad NAND memory:

1. try to reinstall same firmware version from SD card - M0800 device (DaVinci DSP) will not be detected,
as it is unable to boot. This can be done without disassembling anything.

2. remove gimbal control board from gimbal, locate GND, RX and TX pads on board, solder wires there,
connect wires to RS232 to USB, connect it to computer, start some terminal application like
Putty and check, what it really do.

Cause of this problem is that gimbal control board simply overheat if powered on for long without airflow
and it look like exactly as described - no visible error except no live picture.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z