P3P IMU error, can’t get rid of!

Reaction score
Hey!
Have a problem with IMU calibration always stops at 2% on android and 1% on IOS
(Unknown error Occurred. Recalibration required.)
Seems like i already tried everything what i found in internet, took the head off,given couple taps to IMU haven’t helped.
Everything works properly even sensors is not stock.
Thanks for your help!

f781a2f43976dc27b52b2f0d0c544f5e.png
bdb2ec386b6c90885790fff817d6743e.png
e623c8db3cb2eded909210a410a88699.png

Welcome to the Forum!
Here is something very recent.
IMU Calibration
Well tell I realized its P4, not a P3. :rolleyes: ;)

Here is a search: Search results for query: imu

Can you still fly-it?
Anything that happened that would now prompt this to do the IMU?

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: Qwis
I had bought one that did that a while back. I had to take the top shell half off, unplug the IMU, take the IMU component out of the little black box it is in. The smack it fairly hard, not too hard though, on a flat surface (table). Do that on all sides of the IMU and the top. Don’t do the side that the ribbon cable is on. Put the IMU component back in the black box and snap it together, plug it back in. Put the top shell back on. Make sure to plug in the gps. Don’t snap the shell halves together yet. Go through the calibration procedure again.
Sometimes when the drone gets “hit by a stationary object “ , the accelerometer gets stuck.

A year ago I crashed my P3S and had a stuck IMU. Had to take cover off and the top of the little black box that houses the IMU. Had to tap/ bang the IMU quite hard. After that the IMU was fine and completed the calibration.

Chris

Reactions: Qwis and RodPad
A year ago I crashed my P3S and had a stuck IMU. Had to take cover off and the top of the little black box that houses the IMU. Had to tap/ bang the IMU quite hard. After that the IMU was fine and completed the calibration.

Chris

I already tried by hiting the IMU from all the sides many times from light tap to quiet hard hits. Unfortunately, nothing changes..
Maybe someone can me advise further steps, what should i go for?
I’m thinking to buy new IMU and replace it, but can i be sure that it’s exactly his fault?

Appreciate your answers, thanks!

Reactions: RodPad
I already tried by hiting the IMU from all the sides many times from light tap to quiet hard hits. Unfortunately, nothing changes..
Maybe someone can me advise further steps, what should i go for?
I’m thinking to buy new IMU and replace it, but can i be sure that it’s exactly his fault?

Appreciate your answers, thanks!
Did you take off the black cover that is held on by 2 tabs? See photo.
7D3AB9CD-9BDD-40E3-A833-0E93884D0E00.jpeg

I initially tapped the black cover and it did not work. Had to take the cover off, then it worked.

Might as well tap on it hard, it doesn't work now. ;)

Try to reboot it. (Drop Kick, Steel Toe Boots)

Rod

Might as well tap on it hard, it doesn't work now. ;)

Try to reboot it. (Drop Kick, Steel Toe Boots)

Rod
I tapped mine hard with the handle of a screw driver. It has worked flawlessly ever since.

Chris

Well, if you want to replace it, I have several. I’ll give you one if you cover the postage.

It would be nice, but not worth it, because I’m from Sweden and the post may cost ~50€

Is it 100% imu sensor fault? It can’t be something elese?[emoji848]

To the best of my knowledge, the only reason why the IMU calibration fails is because of a problem with that IMU sensor. Maybe take a close look at the connector where the IMU plugs in. If that looks good, then if it was me, I’d be smacking the crap out of that IMU!?

Reactions: RodPad and Qwis
To the best of my knowledge, the only reason why the IMU calibration fails is because of a problem with that IMU sensor. Maybe take a close look at the connector where the IMU plugs in. If that looks good, then if it was me, I’d be smacking the crap out of that IMU![emoji85]

Thank you KachemakiDiver! [emoji16]

Now i exactly know that it’s a IMU acceleration problem Z and Mod should be 1.0 1.0 and in my situation i got 1.46 on both and can’t get less, so right now i just need to know where i have to smack it to the final..[emoji28]

Reactions: RodPad
Smack it on hard on all sides except for the side that the ribbon cable is on. Smack it on a solid surface like a table. You can smack the cable side with something hard if you hold the cable out of the way and not hit the cable. Like I have said before, sometimes you have to smack it pretty hard. The accelerometer inside can get really stuck. I had to smacked one so hard I thought it would break! But it worked.

Reactions: Qwis and RodPad
Thanks for the update!

Send the bad one to @KachemakDiver
"I’d be smacking the crap out of that IMU! "
I'm sure if he can't fix it he will send it overboard on RTH to China. ;)

Rod

Reactions: Qwis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak