Reaction score
My P4P is about 2” from the trash and in need of assistance from you experts out there.

It’s been through the wars a little. When replacing the shell, I stuffed the motors. So I’ve replaced them as well. Got it back to going fine, or so I thought.

Everything shows on screen as perfect - everything in the green - IMU and compass calibration excellent, vision sensors calibrated, firmware up to date, battery at 98% - EVERYTHING is a-ok!

But as soon as I take off I get “Battery signal error”. If I land quick enough, I’m able to land. If I hover too long, it has a spaz-attack and spirals quickly and crashes - it’s almost like one prop goes into reverse, quite weird.

It’s not the battery as I have 5 and they all do the same. I’ve tried resetting the battery - no luck. Pushed in properly? I just cracked one of them making sure it was in properly - it doesn’t go in any further! Airdata gives me no clues, but perhaps my limited experience is the reason for that.

Over almost a year now, I’ve read everything my little brain can cope with and I’m stumped! This is my first and only P4P - I’ve had/have a few Inspires (7), a Spark, 3x Karma’s, a Tello and a Mini, but I don’t know what else to do apart from hand it over to DJI or throw it away (same thing IMO).

Any assistance greatly appreciated before it flies for the last time - thrown off a cliff.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations.

Before you throw the P4P in the trash or take it off a cliff, I would be happy to take it off your hands.

Depending on your location I would pay to ship it.😊

That’s very generous of you, thank you.

In the meantime, any advice?

Reactions: picky
You didn't cut and splice the motor wires when you replaced them? I would probably be going back in looking for a wiring issue or connector that may have been disturbed (had that happen to a compass leg connector when doing a shell replacement, it was only pulled by a mm or so, but that was enough)

Yep, that was my first thought - had to be a connection problem! So I opened her back up and re-soldered all the connections. Man those wires are a pain in the a#$ to solder, scraping back each cable so I could get a connection that would hold. My only concern now is the length of the cables - one motor has cables about 50mm longer than the others, and they are not all equal length. Didn’t think anything of it at the time, but possibly that is something to worry about? I would have thought that would throw up a motor or possibly an ESC error though, rather than battery signal?

I'd bet you need a new 3-in-1 board or at the very least double check all of the ribbon cables on it and particularly all four of them that are located under the downward vision assembly portion that you can't see unless you remove it. My p4p was doing almost the exact same thing and same error message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20