Error messages when using IOS version of Litchi

Reaction score
I haven't flown regularly for a couple of months and usually use Litchi to fly waypoint missions when I do. Since the last Litchi IOS update in June I have suddenly been getting 2 error messages. The first is "GPS error, contact DJI for repairs". The second message is " No video downlink to RC". I can clear the messages (x them out) and the P3A flies well. I tried both an IMU calibration and a compass calibration but the error messages still appear. The GPS connects and the video downlink appears OK. Video records fine and the camera operates normally.

Yesterday, the gimbal locked in a position of about 45 degrees as I tried to scroll it up from 90 degrees down. Turned off the video and tried again and it worked.

I experimented with DJI GO app and did not get the error messages.

I also used Litchi using Android and didn't get the error messages or problems with the gimbal.

Has anyone experienced a problem with Litchi since the end of June or is there really something wrong with my Phantom?

Reactions: Rudder Bug
Ok, just saw a series of posts where other people were getting similar error messages using litchi and iOS...appears to be a bug.

Reactions: ferrete37
I haven't flown regularly for a couple of months and usually use Litchi to fly waypoint missions when I do. Since the last Litchi IOS update in June I have suddenly been getting 2 error messages. The first is "GPS error, contact DJI for repairs". The second message is " No video downlink to RC". I can clear the messages (x them out) and the P3A flies well. I tried both an IMU calibration and a compass calibration but the error messages still appear. The GPS connects and the video downlink appears OK. Video records fine and the camera operates normally.

Yesterday, the gimbal locked in a position of about 45 degrees as I tried to scroll it up from 90 degrees down. Turned off the video and tried again and it worked.

I experimented with DJI GO app and did not get the error messages.

I also used Litchi using Android and didn't get the error messages or problems with the gimbal.

Has anyone experienced a problem with Litchi since the end of June or is there really something wrong with my Phantom?

I've been getting the No Image Transmission warning on every start-up since a few weeks. Everything works normally but the message keeps popping.

Reactions: RodPad
Well here we go:
There are two people getting this message "RC GPS error Hardware malfunction..... " on this thread:
Litchi setting? No video

@Fly Dawg, I just new this would get more popular. ;)

Rod

Getting the same thing. using iphone and ipad pro. Mechanical erro...contract DJI and no video transmission (but there is). Did firmware update and deleted Litchi and reloaded..... and on on.

DJI 4 works...no problem. Been an on going thing for a couple of weeks. Stopped using litchi for awhile and tried it again yesterday and today Same old thing.

Last edited:
I have a P3A, no problems, just the message.

@jbuy41 & @Rudder Bug,

What is your Phantom?

Rod

Phantom 4 (Standard) here. After the RC GPS FAILURE popped I closed the warning and flew absolutely normal. I even did a “RTH” (I know the RC itself doesn’t have a built in GPS, just the device used. In my case a decent iPhone 6S exclusively used for this purposes) and it came home just perfectly. I fly with old firmwares and everything had always been perfect. Never had any popups showing issues or anything. I definitely think this is a sort of a bug in Litchi because of the SDK from DJI or something of this nature.

Downgraded to Litchi 2.1.1 (kept a copy along with an old iTunes version that can still load apps to my old iPhone 6s) I’ll keep you posted with results.

Downgraded to Litchi 2.1.1 (kept a copy along with an old iTunes version that can still load apps to my old iPhone 6s) I’ll keep you posted with results.
So your only problem has been the message?

A couple had stated they where also having video issues. That is why I asked which Phantoms they have.

As I'm writing this, I'm now thinking the video problem is not related to this error message at all.

Rod

No Rod, my problem was only the message, but I encountered an initial failure of the bird’s gimbal too. I never had a problem as I don’t update to pointless firmware. Even though flying later on was perfect I’m afraid of flying my bird with buggy software. I’ll be back to you in 3-4 hours...

As I figured. No problems and smooth as silk on Litchi 2.1.1...

960ff28212f70d0f0686bd4683509208.jpg

Thanks ferrete. I need help in downgrading to 2.1.1. Can you get it from the apple store? Using iPad pro 9.7.

How do I get yhe old version to load on my iPad Pro 9.7 ?

Hey! There’s a whole process that I do not remember now...sorry (but I keep the tutorials and whatever necessary to do it) it all happened with that bad Phantom 4 firmware (2....) I got to downgrade my bird to 1.02.0602 (which for me is the best) and then downgraded the RC and got to downgrade also DJI iOS app to 4.1.0 and then Litchi to 2.1.1. I remember the process was a bit “intense” so I kept copies of both apps and the version of iTunes that could still load those apps back on the device. Text me in private and I’ll try to help...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic