P3P ESC Status Error - Steps Taken So Far.

Reaction score
So here's my dilemma.

I have a P3P that stopped working after I updated to firmware version 1.10.90 at which point I started receiving the ESC Status error. I eventually was able to follow the guide posted on this site to downgrade. I rolled back to the previous firmware and I was back flying again. However I had a crack in the bottom shell and one motor that was moving a little rough.

I then decided to replace the bottom shell and all 4 motors on the P3P, that process was not easy, but I was able to get it done. When I finally assembled the drone I started getting the ESC Status Error again. I removed the top shell and checked all my connections. This time I tested the motors with compass connected, but the top shell loose. The motors fired up just fine. However, once I reconnected the shell and secured it with the screws the ESC errors started again. I repeated the process numerous times with varying success. However each time the top shell was attached the ESC Status Errors started again.

I re-soldered all the connections after stripping the motor wires to bare copper (based on a another thread I read here) and I got the motors to turn, however once I restarted the P3P the ESC Status Errors popped back up. I recalibrate the IMU after each time I soldered to the main board and calibrated the compass. I'm at a loss of why this happens only when the top shell is connected to the drone. It also seemed that the motor wires are sensitive to how they are positioned in the arms. When they were crooked I'd get ESC errors, if I could straighten them out they'd go away (until the top was secured).

A couple of questions.

Any idea what could be the cause? I ordered a new main board and should have it wednesday to swap it out if necessary.

Has anyone experienced the same issues? How did you resolve it?

I'm tempted to upgrade the firmware to the latest 1.10.90 and see if that fixes anything, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've also seen links to an unreleased firmware labeled P3X_FW_V01.11.0010 and saw it referenced ESC Status Errors in other forums, however I can't verify that it is from DJI and I can't see much of anything about it online. Is anyone running this firmware? Did it help with your ESC Status Errors?

Any help this forum can provide is much appreciated.

You can go to flight logs to check which ESC causes the issue, that will narrow down your search.

Since it starts sometimes, no component is burned. Must be a bad connection - either copper wire or solder connection broken.
After you identify which ESC is the issue, you can resolder more connections related to this specific ESC. ESC0 in logs maps to M1 marking on the board, ESC3 maps to M4 on the board.

Take a close look on the solder pads around flight controller, they are often the problem.

Reactions: Digdat0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj