Reaction score
I had a little fall with my drone the other day. After that my camera was taking crooked photos and videos. I managed to fix the horizon being crooked by doing an automatic gimbal calibration. But the camera is now cocked a little to the left which is no good for the straight on flights and videos I need to make. How can I fix this? I'm running out of ideas.
20151227_124943.jpg

I had a little fall with my drone the other day. After that my camera was taking crooked photos and videos. I managed to fix the horizon being crooked by doing an automatic gimbal calibration. But the camera is now cocked a little to the left which is no good for the straight on flights and videos I need to make. How can I fix this? I'm running out of ideas.View attachment 38628

It doesn't take much. Does it??

Same here with P3A camera, only misaligned right out of the box. Look at this post to see my case ... Camera Angled. | DJI Phantom Forum .

There does not seem to be a soft resolution to the gimbal's yaw misalignment. I am thinking of attempting a hard solution as I see some gimbal bracket misalignment on its yaw shaft. There is a tine screw that holds them together. Let us know if you find better/different resolution to your problem.

Last edited:
Seems to be the same error as mine, mine was dead on perfect before, but after it's low crash it has a misalignment. Here is a picture from the back of the drones gimbal, you can see there is a bend to the gimbal Yaw arm wonder if thats the full issue or if the gimbal roll ring arm is an issue also.Can't tell if there is any issue on the gimbal roll ring arm.

Attachments

• 20151227_165549.jpg
    20151227_165549.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 413
Looks like you have a bent gimbal arm, and multidimensional misalignment. My gimbal's roll and pitch alignments are perfect, the only problem is with yaw being a few degrees off.

From what I see in your pictures looks like the gimbal's arm needs to be replaced before anything else.

Looks like you have a bent gimbal arm, and multidimensional misalignment. My gimbal's roll and pitch alignments are perfect, the only problem is with yaw being a few degrees off.

From what I see in your pictures looks like the gimbal's arm needs to be replaced before anything else.
I just bought a new arm, I just hope that is the only issue. looks like the arm may be a little twisted also which would be the reason for the left yaw issue. I turned on the phantom and looking at it from the side it seems the arm is twisted to the left a little.

Okay I replaced the Yaw arm, so that is all good now. but my camera is still turned to the right a little instead of facing straight. Turning the bird over on it's head and looking straight down at the gimbal seems that the gimbal roll ring arm is very slightly bent in so it's not a perfect 90 degrees. I think I can just take it off and gently bend it just a bit to get it perfect. I do not want to do it while it's on the gimbal or the camera is still on it to damage anything else. Only problem is I have no clue how to take the roll ring arm off. I cannot find instructions or a youtube video that shows how the arms comes off the servo attached to the yaw arm, the camera side I know how to remove. Any one can help with this part? knows instructions or video?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen