P3A will not "Follow Me"!

Reaction score
Yesterday I practised POI's and Follow Me in a large field and all was well. Today however it just won't Follow Me. POI no problem!

When I try Follow Me I get a message:
Failed to enter Follow Me mode.
Mission Conflict
Confirm

When I confirm it says switch back to "P" and try again - but it doesn't work.

Once when attempting Follow Me nothing happened as I walked away and suddenly the drone shot away from me and only a quick flick of the switch from "F" to "P" and a rapid climb saved the day!

Why would it work one day and the not the next. The only difference was I was in the middle of a different field!

Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: BillyN
Follow Me uses the GPS in your remote device. Is it getting enough satts to show it’s ready. Mine sometimes takes a couple minutes longer to get the GPS on my device than the drone. From your post it seems you’re already passed that point and have the sats?

POI and Active Track use the camera, not GPS.

Thanks for that. 19 sats last time I looked, surely enough!!!
Just back from. another trial, still no good. POI around my dog was fine but no Follow Me. It did a run away again though but as I was in big field I let it go. It came to a stop 100mtrs away, rotated and then hovered.

Does it not use GPS for POI? That worked perfectly.

Last edited:
I have never had very consistent results with Follow Me on DJI GO or Litchi’s Track function on my P3S. They have basically been useless for tracking functions because they keep losing the subject.

AutoPilot however has been rock solid for tracking functions but it is iOS only and is no longer being supported or developed. Still works but if you don’t already own it, I wouldn’t spend money on it now.

Chris

Reactions: Oso
Just back from. another trial, still no good. POI around my dog was fine but no Follow Me. It did a run away again though but as I was in big field I let it go. It came to a stop 100mtrs away, rotated and then hovered.

POI uses the camera by touching the screen. Does not need GPS for location. Follow Me uses the GPS of the device to locate you. Make Sure “location” is enabled on your device to activate the GPS.

Are you referring to 19 sats that your AC is seeing or you know that your tablet (still an Nvidia Shield?) is seeing? Many people have confused the two.

It seems like most Follow Me problems have been gps at the RC as mentioned earlier. Also as mentioned earlier, Follow Me is notoriously fickle with regards to functioning well.

Are you referring to 19 says that your AC is seeing or you know that your tablet (still a Shield?) is seeing?
Roger. I had to buy an external GPS to get enough sats to Follow Me and RTH be my remote. Some phones and tablets can’t grab enough to work, while the drone sats are fine.

Many thanks guys, all most helpful. I must check my Shield location is enabled!
The 19sats top left of screen, next to drone picture when all connected.

Just checked, Location is "ON - High Accuracy on the Nvidia - good memory Oso ??

• Sad
Reactions: Oso and Capt KO
Many thanks guys, all most helpful. I must check my Shield location is enabled!
The 19sats top left of screen, next to drone picture when all connected.

Just checked, Location is "ON - High Accuracy on the Nvidia - good memory Oso ??
Ok. Just keep trying Follow Me until it says it’s ready. Sometimes takes awhile, few minutes to link. Otherwise I’m stumped ?
What notification is it giving you when you click on follow me or use the remote as your home location? Both use GPS

Would re installing the software make any difference? I think I'm on the latest for this model...........

IMG_7599.jpg

POI uses the camera by touching the screen. Does not need GPS for location. Follow Me uses the GPS of the device to locate you. Make Sure “location” is enabled on your device to activate the GPS.
Actually, on the P3, none of the flight modes use the camera, its all GPS based, including POI. The P3 also does not have active track.

Reactions: Capt KO
No error or warning message. Only noticed it when I went to put the gimbal lock on after flying!

I haven't added anything to the lens? When not flying I put a rubber protector on it, no filter??

Are you referring to 19 sats that your AC is seeing or you know that your tablet (still an Nvidia Shield?) is seeing? Many people have confused the two.

It seems like most Follow Me problems have been gps at the RC as mentioned earlier. Also as mentioned earlier, Follow Me is notoriously fickle with regards to functioning well.
How can I tell how many sats the Shield is seeing Oso? I can't find anything about GPS/satellites in the Shield menus or installed Apps?? I presume the Sats shown in the .txt file is what the drone is seeing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic