P3A will not "Follow Me"!

Well I guess that's all options tried and failed.
I switched the Android from MTP to PTP and it hung everything up, I had to reset the Shield!

Guess I'll just not bother with the Follow Me, the POI is more useful and works fine.

I don't understand why one would work and the other not? The both utilise GPSA so obviously the signal etc is OK.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

• Sad
Reactions: Oso
Guess I'll just not bother with the Follow Me, the POI is more useful and works fine.
I don't understand why one would work and the other not? The both utilise GPSA so obviously the signal etc is OK.
Follow-me needs GPS data from the tablet so it has something to follow.
POI only uses the GPS in your Phantom and has no need to know where the controller is.

Reactions: Oso
OK, Meta4, understand that.
According to the Satellite App the Shield is receiving plenty of GPS signal, see post #27 so what isn't it doing to let the AC know this?
The only communication between the Shield and the AC is via the RC and its transmitter. Is there something I need to check in the GO App that I haven't done - a box to tick somewhere?

Huh! Thought I'd try Litchi and see what happens but they want £21.99 for it!!
The free one only covers Phantom 2 so guess I won't bother!!

Huh! Thought I'd try Litchi and see what happens but they want £21.99 for it!!
The free one only covers Phantom 2 so guess I won't bother!!
@cheddarman - FYI that I sent you a private message with an Amazon gift card voucher worth £20 for the purchase of Litchi. Enjoy sir!
As most of you know, I am now the proud owner of Litchi on my Nvidia Shield which I use exclusively for flying my P3A.
Is there an issue with the Litchi I bought you last March which you already have on your Shield?

Reactions: JoBe
Oh dear, I'd forgotten that Oso - so sorry! It's a bugger getting old! I had an issue with the Shield and lost everything, including all the Apps installed ?
and of course I couldn't re install it, I didn't think at the time. Does one have to "register" with Litchi when one downloads it, if so maybe the Litchi site will remember and I can re install it? I'll have a look........
Just checked with Litchi and my account is still active so I have asked whether I can re load the App......finger crossed as we say...

Last edited:
Reactions: KachemakDiver
Just checked with Litchi and my account is still active so I have asked whether I can re load the App......finger crossed as we say...
No worries sir. I’m sure they’ll tell you it’s no problem. Same as here:

Well, I have (almost) sorted this out in as much as my account with Litchi is still active so I was able to Log-In and (I think) downloaded the App again. Only thing is, I can't find it?
It does not appear on my home screen or in the list of installed Apps.
Going back to the Litchi site and clicking the Download button it asks if I want to download it again???

All very odd, am I missing an action somewhere?
Will it show if the DJI GO App is there/active or do I have to uninstall it?

Is this the Litchi App (on my home screen)?
IMG_7622.jpg

and is this what it looks like when open???

IMG_7623.jpg

What a load of hassle!! Took me most of yesterday to establish where and when I bought :Litchi and it was on March 16 2019, many thanks to Oso. I contacted Amazon again and they have refunded the very generous Gift Card so it is my account. Now I need to work out with Google Pay how I can get the money to them to buy the full new version from Google Play on my Android, but I'll win???

Went for a nice walk today around a large reservoir. Had the old P3A in the car so when we got back thought I'd take a few pictures from "up there", here's one of them.......lake was almost a mile from the car and never got any indication of weak signal so life in the old bird yet, currently running the original DJI GO.
DJI_0004 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dronesky
What a load of hassle!! Took me most of yesterday to establish where and when I bought :Litchi and it was on March 16 2019, many thanks to Oso. I contacted Amazon again and they have refunded the very generous Gift Card so it is my account. Now I need to work out with Google Pay how I can get the money to them to buy the full new version from Google Play on my Android, but I'll win???

Went for a nice walk today around a large reservoir. Had the old P3A in the car so when we got back thought I'd take a few pictures from "up there", here's one of them.......lake was almost a mile from the car and never got any indication of weak signal so life in the old bird yet, currently running the original DJI GO.
View attachment 118746
I’m sort of confused. You bought the Android version last year. You installed it then and set up your account with Litchi. You confirmed with Litchi in the last few days that your account is in good standing. You downloaded the Android app again this week, and just need to install it correct? Why the desire to get a refund just to buy it again? Won’t your device just tell you that it is already downloaded?

Sorry to confuse Oso.
No I couldn't download the app again from the Google Play store because it wasn't originally purchased there, it was purchased, as you know, through Amazon. It was a version of Litchi for a DJI device or something.
Yes Litchi confirmed that my account was good.
I contacted Amazon and they have refunded the Gift Card so that resides in Amazon and I cannot use it to pay for the App from Google Play.
Litchi recommends that I should purchase the Android version of the.App from Google Play so I will.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

Sorry to confuse Oso.
No I couldn't download the app again from the Google Play store because it wasn't originally purchased there, it was purchased, as you know, through Amazon. It was a version of Litchi for a DJI device or something.
Yes Litchi confirmed that my account was good.
I contacted Amazon and they have refunded the Gift Card so that resides in Amazon and I cannot use it to pay for the App from Google Play.
Litchi recommends that I should purchase the Android version of the.App from Google Play so I will.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.
I see. Once you’ve purchased the software, you can easily download it again. Couldn’t you just use the Amazon App Store or log into Amazon directly and go to Your Account > Your Digital Items and press the Download button for Litchi? Its the same app as you’d get in Google Play. With the Amazon refund given already, it may not work anymore but it should have been routine prior to the refund. Who knows, it may still work even now. :)

Now I have the refund I could just buy again on Amazon but firstly, according to Litchi, it is not quite the same product, it is designed for "DJI Monitors" whatever they are and it is a one time transaction. If I had another issue with the tablet I would not be able to download again whereas Google stores a "licence" and you can download as often as you like for the same OS it was originally purchased for.

Now I have the refund I could just buy again on Amazon but firstly, according to Litchi, it is not quite the same product, it is designed for "DJI Monitors" whatever they are and it is a one time transaction. If I had another issue with the tablet I would not be able to download again whereas Google stores a "licence" and you can download as often as you like for the same OS it was originally purchased for.
Please of course do what’s most comfortable for you. With the Amazon refund now granted it’s likely you can no longer do the routine re-downloading of the app anyway. ?

For future readers of this thread, it’s a simple process to download apps again from Amazon or from Google (where originally purchased) and the software itself in this case is identical. It’s the standard Litchi for DJI drones for Android devices. Litchi (VC Technology) would certainly prefer the original purchase be made where it costs them less, but it’s still the same software either way. They confirmed this with me last March (2019) when I was researching how to buy it for @cheddarman and the easiest ways for him to download it.

When I initially contacted Amazon they said that I could not re download the App but that they would do ma refund then I can use that to buy it again.
Where I spoke to Litchi they advised me that the App on Amazon was primarily intended for DJI Monitors (whatever they are, but would work with Android.

Anyhow, I have now downloaded from Google Play and I see there is a licence in my account confirming the purchase and that I can now download it as many times as I like to an Android device - thanks again Oso!?

Now I need to learn to use it but also I must check with my insurers that they cover flying a DJI device with a non DJI App, that would be a bugger if they didn't but I'm sure they will.

Litch installed, fired up the system just now and everything looks good! I see one doesn't have to change the Mode switch with Litchi, for all the options like follow, POI etc, just an on screen tap!
Now just have to wait for the wind to die down, blowing a hooley at the moment!?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic