P3 Standard, 65 ft Crash"""" Help Needed

Reaction score
gooday peeps, have had my P3 S since Fall 2016, got maybe 6 hours flight time on it. Was out a week ago to do a Point of Interest flight around a Historic Building,Put bird up to 65 ft, looked at Tablet for orientation of camera, looked back to the sky just in time to see one of the Props fly off and she came down at about 6mph,landing on one Leg,before shooting the Battery across the pavement,and broke a couple more props.
I looked it all over,couldn,t believe all i seen was a cracked Leg, put some new Props on, put battery back in,gave full physical check,sent it back up, looked perfect till i got home and checked Vid, it was choppy,theres a Vibration in the Gimble.
Heres what i have done so far,
4 new Motors(one stock had bent threads)
4 new Props
2 new sets legs
still same,doing a Firmware D/G right now,see if any diff
Also calibrated Compass
Below should be a link to Current Vid Quality, whats next???
Dropbox - DJI_0002.MP4

Great Idea nwcove, i'll look at that right now,one of my new motors sounds to have a bad whine in it, i'll tear back apart and put my good non bent motor back in that corner.Are 2 of the Motors supposed to be on a tilt? don,t laugh at my Level,lol, i thought by eye the front right,and rear right motors appeared to be slanted,but there are no cracks or breaks in the Drone shell, wonder if this is Normal, 2 are completely straight,2 are crooked by quite a bit.

Attachments

• 20170804_181728.jpg
    20170804_181728.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 315
  • 20170804_181759.jpg
    20170804_181759.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 360
@gutterboy2ca
Welcome to the forum!

Didn't look at the vid yet, but yes on the gimbal Cal, I would do Imu calibration, and take a good look at the gimbal.
why does my gimble do this

Rod

@gutterboy2ca
Welcome to the forum!

Didn't look at the vid yet, but yes on the gimbal Cal, I would do Imu calibration, and take a good look at the gimbal.
why does my gimble do this

Rod
Thanks for that heads up, i went back and re checked the Gimble, it must have took a small thunk, the arm had a chafe spot where if worn the paint off, i did the unthinkable and inserted a small flat blade screwdriver between the arm and Gimble body, it now moves freely, i think it was getting Vibration throught the Drone Body, its not 100% but its 90% better,

Attachments

• 20170804_200857.jpg
    20170804_200857.jpg
    809.4 KB · Views: 302
Thanks for that heads up, i went back and re checked the Gimble, it must have took a small thunk, the arm had a chafe spot where if worn the paint off, i did the unthinkable and inserted a small flat blade screwdriver between the arm and Gimble body, it now moves freely, i think it was getting Vibration throught the Drone Body, its not 100% but its 90% better,
...somethings bent ! lol

My problem showed up about 2 weeks after mine clipped a tree, probably 4 or 5 flights that I have video of with no problem, then when it did. I found that thread that @Neon Euc started, I finally noticed that it was bent, really bent.

I also have some of those marks, I still haven't got it fixed correctly.

Yesterday I made sure the arm wasn't to low by adjusting Grub Screw again. (can't rub on the bottom bearing holder or the top as in your picture).

Its better but not perfect, Its almost like.
If my mission is in a curve or I'm flying sideways its fine, but flying straight it shows up like its loose.
Maybe the craft is actually twitching.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl